Chapter 19 ~ retribution ~

Kan and Paitoon strolled to Tan's apartment in the late afternoon sun, Kiri usually insisted he take a driver but he hadn't bothered today it was too lovely an afternoon to be stuck in the back of a car.

Soon they arrived at a tall building and entering inside they walked towards the elevator, turning around, Paitoon leaned over to press the button and just as the doors were closing a voice called out ...

"hey, hold the doors"

Paitoon held the elevator until a young guy rushed in panting,

"thanks" he said as Paitoon allowed the doors to finally close before the elevator slid into motion.

The guy moved to the back and took out his cellphone to  play a game on it.

Paitoon and Kan chatted until the elevator stopped and the doors slid open and slowly walked out, the guy walked out behind them still playing on his phone.

Kan and Paitoon walked down the corridor until they reached Tan's door then Paitoon pressed the buzzer.

The door swung open and Tan looked at his visitors,

"toonie! and who's this?" Tan said smiling.

"hey Tan, this is my friend Kan, I wanted you guys to meet, he's married to my bro' Kiri, Phil's boss" Paitoon said.

"cool come on in, it's a bit messy because I just got home from work" Tan said as he stood back to allow the guys to enter then started to close the door.

Suddenly he was flung backwards as the door was pushed savagely open, the guy who had been in the lift pushed through and grabbed Tan's arm pushing him deeper into the apartment.

"everyone get back" Owen snarled at the trio while pulling a switchblade from his pocket.

"who are you?" Tan said.

"shut up" Owen said as he closed and locked the door.

"why are you doing this?" Paitoon asked.

"did I not just tell you to shut the fuck up" Owen said as he walked around the room looking for something to tie them up with. 

When he couldn't find anything he opened the door to a bedroom,

"everyone get in here" he stood back while the three young men walked past him into the bedroom then he looked around that room. There was a phone on a table beside the bed so he walked over to it and yanked the cable out of the socket before throwing it back into the other room.

"give me your cell phones, put them on the bed"

The three young men pulled out their cellphones and placed them on the bed before Owen picked them up and threw them in the same direction as the telephone.

"shiyaa, that was fucking new" Paitoon whined.

"poor fucking you!" Owen replied.

Paitoon looked at the guy and wanted to have a go taking him down but he was bigger, more muscular than the guys he was used to sparring with, he was bigger than Chit too but he had to at least have a go.

 Paitoon decided to try and distract the guy,

"it's easy for you to say that, just because I'm a model doesn't mean I'm a millionaire" Paitoon said moving a bit closer.

"you! get in the other room" Owen pointed at Kan with the knife and gestured for him to move.

As Kan walked towards the door to go through, Paitoon saw that the intruder's eyes were on Kan so he lunged forward and grabbed hold of his wrist that was holding the knife before twisting his own body and throwing him.