Living Nightmares

"So go to bed."
"But can't I bond with my new sibling?"
"They aren't your sibling."
"I'm just gonna go..."
They tiptoed away to what I assumed was the room papa and dad is having them stay in. "Me to, I'm beat." Papa stretched and followed them up the stairs. "Night Hito!" He yelled. "Good night Papa!" I yelled back . "Go to bed. Fine, but I won't sleep."
"At least try? The first day of school is tomorrow and your in my class. I won't go easy on you just because your my son."
"I know... I'll go to bed..."
"I love you Hito."
"I love you to dad..." I scoffed as I trotted towards the stairs. I wasn't going to sleep anyways. Apparently everyone dad adopts coincidentally has insomnia. He knows this but I still don't want to take the medication for it. It tastes like shit and hardly works, and I'm allergic to an ingredient in the highly concentrated stuff.

"PST! Hey Hitoshi! Can you come here for a second?" I looked over to papa who crept his head out of what I think is Phantoms room. "Yeah? What is it?"
"Uh the kid is having some trouble sleeping, well- more like refusing... so could I borrow your sleeping medication? I'm sorry to ask this and I know you need the but-"
"You can just take them, if it helps them sleep." I smiled and watched as papa rushed over to my room to get the pills. I peeked through the door and looked at phantom sitting on the bed, their hair glowed in the moonlight. They looked mythical. "Hey, you okay?" The jumped back at the sound of my voice. "Sorry." I said as I walked inside. "So this your new room?" The nodded and went back to fiddling with their fingers. "So what's your real name?" Silence. "Do you have a favorite food?" Silence. "Any childhood friends?" They froze and their eyes darted to me. It looked like they were shaking. My first instinct was to hug them, like when papa and dad did that for me when I was panicking from my old home. But then I realized that probably wasn't such a good idea. "Sorry... I shouldn't have asked that..."

They were still silent, even when papa came back into the room. "Uhh... bad timing?"
"No, we're just being quiet."
"Okay..?" He handed them the pill and a glass of water but they instantly swallowed it the moment it touched their mouth. "Okay then...." He turned around and walked out. "I'm just gonna go... Goodnight..."
"Bye." I nodded and just walked back to my room.

Izuku POV

I stayed awake for the next several hours. When I checked the time it was already 2 in the morning. 'I should at least try to go to bed, it may not work but still... oh who am I kidding, at this point I don't even want to.' I sat there until I felt my eyelids force themselves shut. I guess this was the week where I slept.

I felt myself dozing off until I heard voices. I knew I was asleep but now there was no way to wake back up until it happened. So I just stood there in the black abyss, listening to the insults being casted towards me.

'Worthless deku'
'Villain'
'Monster'
'Beast'
'Idiot'
'Not human'
'Go die'
'Faggot'
'Weak'
'Useless'
'I bet it's already killed someone'
'Just go dies like the rest of the villains'
'Pathetic scum'
'Pray for a better quirk in your next life, and just take a swan dive off the roof of the building!'

Oh yeah, Katsuki said that to me... and yet he was so heartbroken when I did...

Oh... it's finally happening... I can wake up now...

I stared at a white haired boy in a living room. He had bandages and a cotton eye patch on. He had a bowl of cereal in his lap, and clothes with stained blood on them: of course they weren't his, they were his mothers old clothes. I was that kid, wasn't I? That weak, pathetic child.

"Don't sit so close to the TV Izuku, it'll ruin your eyes."
"Okay..." The kid scoots back.
"You know... I was beautiful before I got pregnant with you."
"I know Ms. Midoriya... I know..."
She threw a knife at the kid and it scratched his ear, then she grabbed a bat, and bashed it against his head, shooting me awake.

I checked the time again. Almost 5 AM. I stood up and walked to the door, I opened it and saw Eraser looking like he was about to open it. "Sleep well?" I ignored him and just left the room. "Hey uh, Hizashi has your uniform if you wanna wear it today." I nodded and looked at him. "He's in the lounge." I walked down the stairs and grabbed it off the table. I walked over to the stairs but froze. "Thank you..." I whispered before going back to the room and getting changed. I noticed there was pants and a skirt, I was so used to acting like a girl that I instinctively put the skirt on and walked back down the stairs.

"Looking good, we didn't know which you preferred do we just have you the skirt and the pants. Glad to see you have that figured out!"

I just stared at him and walked over to Shinso, and sat down next to him. "We're leaving soon, so you wanna eat something before we leave?" I shook my head and just stared at the clock. Watching as the seconds ticked by. They turned into minutes before Present Mic grabbed the keys and and open the door. "It's time to go little listeners!" He walked out the door with Eraser following. Shinso grabbed my arm and dragged me out the door. "I'll take you to homeroom and the rest of our classes, we have the same schedule so you can just follow me around today." The nodded and followed me to the car. "Seatbelts kids." We both buckled up.

They stared out the window of the car while I was talking to dad and papa. "We're almost here, so you two can just hang out in Shota's homeroom until class starts, k?"
"Mk!" Papa parked and we all got out. Phantom followed me around like I had asked them to.