•《Chapter XVII》•

The weekend had gone to pass quickly, the two human girls had an amazing time with Bella's mother in Jacksonville. Both of them came back to the rainy town of Forks a little tanner. After their flight back the whole Cullen family were excited to greet them all, especially Arianna. The brunette had spent a few hours with the group telling them stories about her tiny vacation, before heading home to spend the rest of the Sunday night with her father. Danial Alexander listened to her in content as she told him of her experiences she shared with her best friend.

The following Monday Arianna got up early, with a little extra pep in her step as she got ready. She quickly did her makeup, she just went natural today with a little bit of concealer, mascara, and some lip gloss. Once that was done she got dressed in a pair of blue skinny jeans, a tan tank top, with a red and black plaid cardigan. She quickly shoved her feet into her black Timberlands, grabbed her bookbag and then made her way down to the kitchen.

In the kitchen stood her father, he was listening to some older music dancing around as he cooked breakfast. His daughter laughed a little at his antics as she took a seat at the table. He then sat a plate of French Toast, eggs and sausage down in front of her along with a cup of orange juice and a bowl of fruit. She quickly thanked him before digging in.

"So what are your plans for the day?" The older man asked as he took his respective seat.

"I'm not one hundred percent sure yet." She told him honestly. "I might hang out with some friends after school. Unless you want to do something."

"Oh no it's okay honey. I'll probably be at work late tonight anyways." Daniel lets out a sigh. "With all the disappearances going on in Seattle we are trying to help out as much as possible."

"Okay well I gotta get headed to school." Arianna said as she put her plate into the dishwasher. "Please be safe at work."

"I always am baby."

"I love you." She said giving her father a quick hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Love you honey."

•°•°•°•°•°•

Arianna caught a ride with Bella and Edward as the latter came to get the two in his car. As they pulled into the school Arianna gathered her things. The other two were talking quietly about the trip and the changing of Bella. As Edward put the car in park he stiffened. The two girls looked at him in confusion.

"What?" Bella asked.

"Would you stay in the car if I asked you to?" He looked at the two of them. They both looked at him and then started to get out of the car.

"Of course not."

The three of them start to make their way toward the school, Edward intent on steering away from the two unwelcomed boys. As they walked closer three saw Jacob Black and Jared Cameron climbing off of their bikes. Jacob stood stiff with his arms crossed, Jared just stood behind him looking around.

"Jake!" Bella was happy to see the shapeshifter, she moves to walk closer to him as does Arianna. The two were stopped by Edward who pulled them closer protectively.

"Charlie said you guys left town." Jacob said bluntly.

"To see my mother. Why?"