•《chapter XXIII》•

The following day Jasper picked up Arianna from her house. They were taking the girls through the woods so they could leave a trail leading the newborns to the clearing. The two girls would prick their fingers and wipe a little bit of their blood on trees or leaves. Edward and Bella went off on a different trail in case they went a different way. As Arianna and Jasper read her feelings.

"I can feel that you're worried, what's going on?" He asked her, he grabbed her hand and they stopped.

"I'm not sure, there's just a lot going on." She sighed, "I can't help but to feel like something is going to go wrong somehow. Plus this is the first time that I've ever been hunted by an army of vampires."

"I know you're scared, I can't promise you everything is gonna go according to plan. But what I can promise you is that we will all do whatever it takes to ensure your safety." He then asked her, "Is there anything else?"

"I don't know, the army was originally created to hunt Bella because of what happened before I arrived. I hate that I feel like this, but part of me is angry that because of those prior mistakes I am also getting repercussions for it." She told him, she started to tear up and he quickly pulled her into a comforting hug.

"Don't ever feel guilty for your feelings. I completely  understand why you feel this way baby. It is not fair for you to  be at risk because of our past altercations. I wish there was a way that I could take you away from all of this and hide you away from all of this but I can't. But I will do anything and everything to keep you safe and happy. We all will. You are the last piece to our puzzle." His voice held so much emotion, as he stared into her eyes. "No matter what happens, you're our number one priority."

Arianna gives him a nod before placing her head onto his chest. The two stood in a calming silence for a bit. Jasper sent calming waves to her to help the anxiety wash away. He knew she was scared and worried but he also knew that he'd rather die than let anything happen to his beautiful and kind mate.

She was the light of the Cullens life, bringing the type of happiness none of them knew they would have. She completed their little family, she was their queen. Arianna held so much power over them and she didn't even know it. They would do whatever it took to ensure her happiness and wellbeing. The love they held for her was indescribable.

As the two stood in the lush green forest, it started to drizzle. Arianna took in a breath and she could smell the damp dirt around them, a smell she grew to love. She looked up to Jasper and gave him a loving smile that could brighten anyone's day. Her heart was almost beating out of her chest as she built up some courage.

"I love you."

Jasper smiled, and looked into her eyes with so much emotion. Without a second thought he leaned down slowly and captured her lips in his. They were soft and warm, completely in contrast to his icy ones. The kiss was slow and filled with so much passion and love. Arianna's knees almost gave out. It was like the world around them paused and all of her fears and anxiety washed away. As he pulled away she gripped onto him tighter not wanting to leave this moment.

"I love you too, Darlin',"

°•°•°•°•°

Jasper and Arianna meet up with the other two at the clearing. They were waiting for Jacob and Seth to arrive to take the girls up to their camp site. Jasper and Arianna stood together,  she was in front of him as he held her from around her waist holding her close to his body. They were in their own little world as the others had their conversation. After a few minutes the two wolves came out of the woods.