•《chapter XX》•

The following day Arianna had driven herself to the Cullens early in the morning. The previous night she had told them all what happened at the bonfire and to say they were angry was an understatement. Arianna had to convince Rosalie to not run over there and kill the man. To say the least Arianna would not be going over to the reservation for a good while. Arianna was snuggled in between Carlisle and Esme as she read a book. They had the news running in the background. Arianna looks up as Bella and Edward enter the house.

"Police are baffled by the escalating murders and disappearances..." Everyone turns their attention to the tv. "Theories range from a vicious new gang to a wildly active serial killer."

Seattle?" Edward asks.

"It's getting worse. We're going to have to do something." Carlisle says with a sigh.

"Alice still hasn't had any visions about who's doing this,"Edward stated.

"So we track him down and kick his bloodthirsty ass. Let's go now. I'm bored as hell." Emmett smirked.

"Emmett." Rose smacked him upside the head.

"Who says it's a guy?" Arianna asked, looking at Emmett. "A female could go on a killing spree too, you know."

"I didn't think of that. " Edward said, he was looking at Jasper as he read his mind. "But yea it makes sense."

"What?" Bella questions looking between the two.

"Tell us, Jasper." Carlisle had his eyebrow furrowed.

"It takes more than one of our kind to cause the damage they're reporting. They're undisciplined, conspicuous–"

"Newborns."

"What? Like... new vampires?" Bella asks, confused.

"In their first months after the change." Edwards explains.

"That's when we're at our most vicious, uncontrollable, insane with thirst–" Jasper said, it was like he was having a flashback of his newborn days as he grimaced.

"Something to look forward to." Arianna rolled her eyes as she listened to her mate.

"No one has trained these newborns, but this isn't random..." Jasper thought.

"...Someone is creating an army." Carlisle finished, his face showed his worry.

"Oh, now we definitely gotta go." Emmet grinned and cracked his knuckles. Arianna felt herself rolling her eyes at his antics.

"Wait, an army? Of vampires?" Bella questioned, Arianna can see the fear on her face.

"There haven't been any newborn armies in over a century that I know of." Carlisle said.

"There is now. And they've been created to fight someone." The thought scared Arianna knowing that there was a literal army of vampires so close to them.

"Regardless, if we don't put a stop to it, the Volturi will." Carlisle says with a sigh, "I'm surprised they've let it go on this long."