•《chapter XXIV》•

The night passed slowly, at one point Jacob had to  come in and lay with them to keep them warm, much to Edward's dismay. Of course the two had an argument as usual. When the morning came Jacob left to go do a patrol walk and Edward went off to think. The girls woke up alone in their tent, they both got dressed quickly. When they were done they unzipped the tent and climbed out. Sitting by the fire pit which was burnt out was Seth in his wolf form.

"Hey Seth." Arianna said, giving him a strained smile. The young shifter gave her a nod in greeting as Edward made his way back over to the girls.

"Where's Jacob? Did he already–" Bella starts.

"Not yet." Edward interrupted. "He's making sure the woods are clear before he goes."

Edward wraps the girls both in his arms giving them a comforting hug. Seth then walks off into the woods, leaving the three alone. Arianna excused herself and went over to the edge of the peek they were on, she sat and looked out over the vast woods below her.

"Sorry about last night. Couldn't have been easy on you." Bella said once Arianna walked off.

"It definitely won't make my list of top ten favorite evenings."

You have a list?" She questioned with a smile.

"All ten spent with you and Arianna. Of course number on being when you said you'd marry me. Mrs. Cullen." The vampire said with a smile.

"This is the twenty-first century; I'm at least hyphenating my name–"

"You're marrying him?" Jacob had made his way out of the woods, his body shaking with anger.

"Oh no, Jake–" Bella then turned to Edward. "You... knew he was listening."

"He deserves to know." With a scoff and a shake of his head Jake starts his way back toward the woods.

"Stop! Jake!"

"Bella... Let him–" Edward was quickly cut off.

"Don't. Just let me talk to him alone." Bella then runs off after Jacob. During the comotion Arianna made her way back toward her vampire mate, just catching a glimpse of Bella's brown hair rounding the corner across from her.

"What's going on?" She asks, walking up beside Edward, taking his cold hand in her own.

"It's just Jake throwing another hissy fit." Edward explained with a grimm face.

"Hey, be nice. He just thinks that he can change fate. He'll realize soon enough that there is someone else out there for him." Arianna said with a smirk.

"When did you get so wise?" Edward joked.

"Hey, I'm not wise. I've just learned that everything happens for a reason." Arianna said, "though it might take people a while to realize it." Edward gave her a smile before getting a faraway look, he was reading Jacobs' mind. His face then turns sour.

"Why don't you go sit by the fire for a minute, I'm gonna go talk to Bella really quick." Edward tells her, she nods and walks away.

When Edward and Bella return the two girls go off on their own for a little bit to talk.

"What was that all about?" Arianna asked.