•《Chapter IV》•

As the rusted orange truck pulls to a stop outside a small cozy cottage, two overly grown teenage boys hop out. One from the truck bed and the other from the driver's seat. They both let out wolf cries as they meet up in the front. Suddenly the passenger window rolls down and Bella's voice is heard.

"Hey I think we should go back and see if Jacob's okay." She looked over at the girl next to her. She sits curled up with her knees to her chest arms clasped tightly around them.

"I hope Paul sinks some teeth into him, serves him right." The boy known as Jared says.

"No way! Jacob's a natural, did you see him phase on the fly?" Embry contradicts. "I got a five says Paul doesn't touch him." The boys back as they reach the porch. "Come on in guys we wont bite."

"Speak for yourself." Jared says as he walks through the screen door.

Bella looks around debating before getting out of the truck. She looks back into the car at Arianna who continues to stare at her legs in shock. Embry sees this and comes back to the truck and slowly but easily lifts said girl out of the vehicle. Carefully he carries her to the house. Bella follows after closing the truck door. As they make it up to the porch Embry turns to Bella and warns.

"Oh hey, about Emily, Sam's fiance, don't stare it bugs Sam." And with that he turns and walks into the house.

"Why would I stare?" Bella questions aloud, following behind them. As they enter a soft voice rings out.

"You guys hungry?" The women laughs, "like I have to ask." Embry sets the teen girl down in a chair next to a round table and quickly goes to grab a muffin that Emily; Sam's fiance had just made, she turned around and looked at Arianna who was still in shock and staring at the table before meeting the eyes of Bella who quickly looked away, "who are they?"

"Bella Swan who else?"

"Yea and her friend." Embry said as he looked at the frozen girl. He felt a sort of connection to her.

"Mhm, so" Emily looked Bella up and down with a small smile, "your the vampire girl." Bella looks over at Ari, hoping she didnt hear; the girl was still sitting silently.

"So your... the wolf girl." Bella retorted as she walked in further, it was more of a question than a statement.

"Guess so, well I'm engaged to one," she set down the muffins and the teen wolves quickly go to grab more, "save some for your brothers" she grabs one and set it in front of Arianna so she has one. She then offers Bella one who takes it with a small nervous smile.

"Leave it to Jacob to find a way around Sam's gag order." Emily looked over Ariana with the sad smile knowing what she was feeling.

"Um, he didnt say anything to me," Bella says as she picks at the muffin.

"That's a wolf thing, alphas orders get obeyed weither we want them to or not." Embry told her, "oh and check it out we can hear each others thoughts."

"Would you shut up?" Jared interrupted while reaching over Arianna who sat between them and smacked him hard. "These are trade secrets, dammit. This chick runs with vampires."

Arianna at that time had come out if her shock stare and was able to catch the last bit of their conversation. Her head shoots up and her big hazel eyes are wide. Bella who wasnt paying attention to it said.