Chapter 7

It has been a week since I last saw max, when we shared the plate of food and he held me close as we drifted off to sleep. My heart has been yearning for him for days but I have been unable to sneak away to see him until now. Since his lips left mine, I have been unable to think about anything else that placing my lips against his. It confuses me as I have never had these thoughts before. He has muddled my mind and disturbed my thoughts. My thoughts wonder some times as to what else we could do together, following what Rachel explained to me yesterday after I managed to ask her, stumbling over my words with anxiety. She had explained the kiss before not much further and I never knew about any of those things. I did not realize that was how children were formed but from how Rachel explained it, that is not its only use, apparently it can feel good and be fun too. I'm still unsure how that would work. It seems rather tiring and painful.

I claimed it was because the princes would continue to visit and I would hate for them to ask me something I didn't have an answer too. I had confessed to Rachel my dislike for the plan my mother has and she sympathizes with me. I am however very grateful that she has yet to ask about why I was searching for Max all those days ago.

Prince Carlos has visited and his Spanish accent was wonderful to listen to however he was incredibly rude and he would interrupt me while I was speaking and belittle my opinions and ideas. He even threw his tea cup on the ground and it shattered, because I mentioned that I didn't have the same view on a certain topic as he did. I stormed out after 20 minutes with the man. Then had to survive the punishment my mother gave me for storming out. I was to be locked in my bedroom for three days, my meals will be delivered to my room and guards will be stationed at my door to ensure that I am to stay put. I would write to max to explain my situation and ask Rachel to deliver it for me, but anything on paper that is sent through someone else is too much of a risk for us. Regardless of whether I trust Rachel or not.

I did find an empty notebook hidden within my desk. I grab a quill and sit at the desk with my ink and I decide to write. I write down my feeling for max and how I met max. Everything I am feeling for him and it flows through me like water through a stream. I have filled pages and pages full of our encounters. From the feeling of the sand between my toes when me met to how his lips feel against mine and how good they make me feel. I unhook the loose floorboard beneath my bed and hide the book between my other hidden belongings. Knowing that it will be safe there, my secrets are kept beneath the floorboards.

My mother barged into my room and announced that my punishment time is up and I am able to leave my bedroom. I ignore her words and continue with the book in my hand. "I wish to stay. Please have my meals sent up, I will not be joining you and brother for meals." I say without looking at her. "Prince Daniel of Italy and Prince Sebastian of Germany will be here tomorrow so you better be ready." She says. "They are too old for me. As kind and caring as Prince Sebastian is he is more than 10 years older than me. Prince Daniel has the same problem, he is incredibly nice and gentlemanly but he is too old for my liking." I say to Mother. "I do not wish to hear what is to your liking. They are princes and you will be married to one of them. Now I will let you wallow tonight but tomorrow you will be ready to greet the princes by midday." She scoffs and walks out.

I find the gift that I had the jeweler make for Max, I told him it was a gift for a friend and he didn't ask any other questions. I slip the gift into the small pocket on my night gown and button it closed before I softly make my way down the staircases and slink through the candle lit corridors, finding the familiar door labeled 205. It has been 10 days since I have seen him and I decide to knock and the door swings open, revealing Max and a feeling fills my stomach and chest as soon as I see him and he pulls me into his room. "My, how I have missed you." He proclaims, softly and quickly placing his lips on mine. My eyes fill with tears at the reliefs of finally being back in his arms again. The tears streak down my face and dampen Max's shirt. "What is bothering you, schatjie?" He questions, I pull my face away from his chest with a sob. "The reason why I have not been able to visit you was my mother. I ran out of my meeting with Prince Carlos of Spain because I could not bare to be in the same room as him any longer and she punished me by locking me in my room for days." I say, the tears slowly stopping as I tell him. "I'm sorry, my love. That is terrible. Come, I wish to hold you in my arms again. I will hold you till you feel better." He says, pulling me towards his bed as he sits against the headboard and I settle between his thighs, his arms right around my waist and we both relax in each others arms.

After a while his hands find mine and I begin to play with his hands. My fingers hit a cold band around his small finger on his right hand. I pull his right hand closer to my face, inspecting the ring I have just discovered. It is covered in intricate designs and patterns. "It was my grandfathers. He gave it to me two days before he passed. He told me to keep it and use it to marry the love of my life." He says softly and my heart crumbles at the sadness in his voice. I lift his hand to my mouth and kiss the ring. "I know whoever gets this ring will be one lucky girl." I say and look up at him, I find him staring back at me. "You will be the lucky girl. I am sure of it." He says as his hands find my cheeks and pull me to him, connecting my lips with his. I move into a more comfortable position, my legs wrapping around his torso as I sit on his lap. I feel my night dress ride up my thighs. I picked a shorter and looser nigh dress earlier, I'm now discovering how easily it moves. I remove one of my hands from Max's chest and attempt to pull it down to cover my knees, knowing that I am showing way too much skin for an unmarried couple. If we even are a couple. I banish those thoughts from my head and focus on the man in front of me and the little time that I have to spend with him.

His lips stayed on mine for what felt like hours before he moved and focused his attention on my neck, my loose hair is moved out the way by one of his strong hands as his other hand is placed on my hip. My breathing is incredibly shallow, a feeling grows in the bottom of my stomach. I do not know what this feeling is but it is strong. My hands move along his chest, feeling the hard muscles underneath my hands as they flex at my touch. His attack on my neck causes a whine to tumble out of my mouth. But it's not quite a whine, I'm unsure how to describe it. Max groans as he continues, pulling more of those sounds out of my mouth.

"Schatjie, you have to be softer. We don't want to alert the next door neighbors." He says into my neck, his voice is deep as his breathing is also shallow. We sit in that position for a few minutes, both of us catching our breaths. "You are very good at that." I say to him, with a small laugh, lifting the mood. "I thought I was doing rather well at the sounds that were coming from your mouth." He says, lifting his head and looking in my eyes. "I'm sorry if it was strange. I don't know what came over me." I said, looking down. "Do not apologize. You have no idea the effect your sounds have on me." He says. I'm confused and I think it shows on my face. He sighs. "I am unsure how to explain this to you." He moves his hand up and down my thigh, which is now partly covered due to my dress lifting. He realizes this and glances down, another groan comes from his mouth. His hand squeezes my thigh, causing my hips to jump. "I apologize, I should not have done that." He says, moving his hand back to my waist. "No, it is ok. I don't know what caused that but it did not feel bad. Does this have something to do with what Rachel explained to me using charcoal drawings. Between a man and a woman once they have removed their clothing?" I ask, the pieces falling into place.

"I believe it does. I am more than happy to explain it to you if you wish." He offers. "I'm not sure, I was told it is only for a husband and wife and as far as I know, you are not my husband." I say to him. He smiles. "Yes, but you could be married to someone and not enjoy their presence, say if you were forced to marry them," he comments bringing up my mothers plan to marry me off to the princes that have been visiting "then you would not enjoy it. It is something to enjoy and I believe it can only be enjoyed between two people that crave each others company and between two people who love each other. However, if you do not want to do anything other than let me hold you in my arms then that is all that I will do. I will not make you do anything you are not willing to do." He says. I nod.