Chapter 28

The internet's Dutch royalty spotted celebrating

Princess Anna and her boyfriend Max Verstappen, now a three time Formula 1 world champion, were seen out in Qatar celebrating Max's championship win last night

Princess Anna and her boyfriend Max Verstappen, now a three time Formula 1 world champion, were seen out in Qatar celebrating Max's championship win last night. The couple recently announced their relationship to the public and they have been referred to as the new King and Queen of the Netherlands, as they are popular with the fans. Max has been referred to as the king of the Dutch sportsmen a couple of times but this title could only stem from his fans as they watch the successful couple grow. As Princess Anna is second in line for the throne, we could see them as The King and Queen of the Netherlands one day.

I continue reading the article that Taryn sent me. All about our relationship and how I have been at the last couple races. I scroll back to the photo, saving it to my phone. "We look amazing." Max says from next to me. I look and find his hair messy as he tries to fix it. "Good morning to you too. And we both do look hot, don't we." I smile. "Hell yeah we do, well you more than me, obviously. My stunning and gorgeous girlfriend." He says and I lean down to kiss him. "Someone's laying on the compliments." I say to him. "I'm just warming you up for when I collect my prize later." He smiles and winks at me. I laugh and roll my eyes. "They are calling us the new King and Queen of the Netherlands. I sent mom the article and also apologized for unintentionally stealing their title. She laughed and said it's ok." I say and he sits up. "The King and Queen of the Netherlands. I love the sound of that." He says, pulling me up against him and wrapping his arm around my back, reading my screen over my shoulder that is covered by his white button down shirt from last night. I just threw it on before we went to sleep. He tried to insist on returning the favor last night but then he remembered my deal.

"We could see them as the King and Queen of the Netherlands. Oh my word. That's true." Max says, sitting back and pulling away from me. The nerves grow in my stomach. I turn to face him. "You're not ok with that are you. You don't want to be king. Even though Thomas is first in line there is still a chance that he can't take over and I'll have to. Damn I'm sorry I never asked you. I never had this conversation with you. I'm so sorry. I should have clarified with you before hand. I let my feelings get in the way. If that's too much for you and you want out I understand. It's a lot to handle even though it might not happen. It's a lot and it's why my one of my previous relationships ended so I'll understand if you wanted to leave. I'm sure I can get a flight home this morning." I say quickly and try to reach for my phone.

Hands grab my shoulders and pull me back around. "Hey hey hey. Take a deep breath," he says, tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear. "I'm definitely not leaving you and you're definitely not leaving me. I'm sorry I reacted like that. I've just never thought of that. You've always been my girl Anna, not Princess Anna or one-day-could-be-Queen Anna. It all just dawned on me but I'm definitely not upset and I'm 110% in. I'm in this relationship. I'm in for dealing with the world with you. I'm in for being the King and Queen of our country with you if it comes to that. I'm in for starting a family with you. I'm in for the ups and downs. I'm in this with you and we will face everything head on, together." He says to me, looking deep into my eyes. I dive into him, wrapping my arms around his neck in a hug. "I'm so happy and relieved I could cry." I say softly into his neck and he hugs me tightly to him. "I thought you were going to break up with me. I could feel my heart breaking." I say softly and he pulls me closer to him. "I'm so sorry baby, I really didn't mean to react like that. I just realized it that's all, but I meant what I said. I'm all in for becoming the King and Queen of our country if we have to, I'm sure Thomas will do an incredible job though, and I'm so excited to see how our relationship grows and evolves. I'm so excited to start a family with you and to face life with you by my side because I know that with you next to me, I can do anything." He says to me, still holding me tightly against him. "I'm so excited to live life with you too, to see where the universe takes us and to face all the challenges together." I say, sitting up in his lap. "I love you." I say to him, looking into his eyes and I see them light up at my words. "I love you too, so much." He replies before placing a soft and loving kiss on my lips.

~

I stand and chat with max, lando and charles as they wait for the driver parade to start. We laugh at a joke Charles makes but we're interrupted by the organizer telling the drivers to climb onto the truck for the parade. "I don't know if I'll see you again till after the race." Max says. I nod, knowing how busy race days are. "I'll be watching from your garage." I say and wrapping him in a hug. "Don't forget about your prize." I say whisper into his ear and softly bite his earlobe before I turn and walk back through the paddock to the Red Bull garage.

I watch as the grid deals with the chaos of the tyre rules for this weekend. I fan myself as the heat is starting to get too much. I feel so bad for the drivers, especially max who had one or two gin and tonics more than he should have last night. I watch as the drives pit multiple times and constantly push on their tires. Eventually Logan stops because he feels too sick. My worry grows for max but I hear GP ask if he is feeling alright and he says he's ok but I'm still worried for his health.