Chapter 36

I slowly zip up my suitcase before setting it on the ground. I grab my backpack and walk out of the bedroom to the lounge. "I'm going to miss you so much." I say and walk straight into max, wrapping him in a hug. "I'm going to miss you too baby, but I want you to focus on your test and ace them because I know you can do it." He says, placing a kiss on the top of my head. "Thank you baby, I really appreciate that." I say looking up at him. "Let me know how they go please." He asks and I nod. "I'll be watching you race so do your best." I say with a small laugh, knowing he will most likely win them all. "For you, always." He smiles before leaning down to kiss me. "I love you, for forever and ever." He says. "I love you too, for the rest of time." I say and we both let out a small laugh before hugging one last time. "Thank you for letting your driver take us to the station." I say to him. "Of course baby, I would drive you if I didn't have to start driving to Nice now." He says. "It's ok, I appreciate it so much." I say. "Oh wait, I bought you train tickets." He says, walking over to the kitchen and grabbing his phone. "But I bought us tickets?" I ask, confused. "Well I bought you other ones because I wasn't sure." He says and then my phone pings and I see two first class tickets that take us straight to Paris and then to Amsterdam without stopping in between. "First class? You didn't have to baby. I really appreciate them but you really didn't have to." I say to him. "I know but I wanted to." He smiles. "Thank you, I really appreciate this." I say to him before leaning up and kissing him. "I'll be at the airport us São Paulo to pick you up." Max says to me as I grab my suitcase. "I can't wait." I smile at him.

I climb out the car when we get to the station and the driver takes our suitcases out from the car and places them on the sidewalk. "Thank you so much." I say to him and he nods. Taryn and I grab our bags and begin to walk into the station. We find our platform and thankfully our train should be here soon. "Oh max bought us tickets." I say to Taryn. "I told him he didn't have to but he said that he knows but he wanted to." I continue. "Aww that's so adorable, you two are so cute together. He's so nice." She says. "Yeah he is. I also want to hear everything about you and Charles. We have a long train ride so I can hear all about him." I say to her and she smiles. "I can't wait to tell you all about him."

~

I flop back onto my bed, sighing loudly. The exam I just wrote took so much energy out of me. It wasn't an easy exam and I had stayed up till 2 am this morning trying to study for it. I feel tired and I could so easily fall asleep right now. "I wish max was here." I whisper to myself, missing him immensely. I wish he was here to take me in his arms and hold me till I fall asleep. I miss his arms around me and I miss him and his jokes that never fail to make me laugh. I know it's only been a week and a half but I feel like I haven't seen him in months and I miss him so much. All the stress, emotions and lack of sleep hit me at once and tears begin to well in my eyes involuntarily.

I try to stop them but the tears keep rolling down my cheeks. I just wish max was here, he would know how to cheer me up. As if on cue, my phone begins to ring and I look up to see it is a face time from max. I try to wipe the tears away before I answer the call. "Hey schatjie, how are yo-." He stops when he sees my face. "Aww my schat, what's wrong baby?" He asks, sitting down and giving me his full attention. That's when a sob wracks through my body. I try to compose myself before I begin to explain to him how I'm feeling. "I just miss you so much and I wish I could be in your arms right now." I finish with a sniffle and he sighs. "I miss you so much too. I hate that we have to be apart like this, I miss having you support me at the races. I miss knowing you're there in my garage cheering me on." He says sadly. I feel better knowing that it not just me that is upset. "I'm always cheering you on liefie, I'm always supporting you. I haven't missed a session." I say with a soft smile "I know but it's not the same." He says with the same small smile. "It's only another week and then you're here with me and I will never let you go again. Ever." He says to me. "I can't wait for that." I say, my smile a little bigger now at the thought.

~

After three weeks at home, catching up on university work and spending time with my family and writing mid semester tests, I'm wriggling around in my seat unable to contain my excitement due to the fact that I'm going to land in São Paulo in 20 minutes and I will finally see max again. I kept up with all the races, spending Saturday and Sunday evenings in the lounge with my dad watching all the qualifying and the races. Max has been doing amazingly. We have texted and called each other whenever we were able to during this time. We also discovered that our flashbacks return when we are apart for more than a few days. I was in the middle of an exam when suddenly I was dancing in the ballroom at the palace with some Prince. Thankfully it didn't last too long and I still managed to finish my exam in time.

I roll my suitcase behind me as I exit the airport. I hear the rumble of an engine and turn to see a Porsche rolling down the pick up lane. I smile, knowing exactly who is inside.