Chapter 19

I open the door to the library on the second floor. The smell of old books hits me as we walk in. "This is the library." I say and something that looks like recognition flares in his eyes as he looks out the windows on the other side of the room. "I like to read here sometimes. It's relaxing." I smile, shrugging my shoulders. He stops, looking out the windows. As if he's frozen in time. I step closer to him. Lightly squeezing my hand in his. "Max?" I ask softly. He shakes his head and his eyes find mine. "Sorry, I don't know what happened there." He coughs, letting go of my hand and stepping towards the window. "Are you ok?" I ask him. "Yeah it's nothing for you to worry about." He smiles and I nod, unsure.

I show him the rest of the second floor, passing my brothers rooms and we find mine. "It's not that amazing but I love it." I smile as he takes in the room. "What are those books on your bedside table?" He asks. "Oh I've been meaning to read those. I found them with this ring under a floorboard under my bed. I just haven't had time to read them." I say to him and he looks around curiously before walking out. "Up there is the third floor. There isn't much up there besides my mom and dad's music studio. They met through music. My mom was playing guitar in a band at a bar the one night when my dad snuck out with his friends. It's a really adorable story." I say, pointing up the staircase next to me. We walk down the stairs, his hand still snugly wrapped around mine. We reach the main hall. "This you saw the other day, so it's not too special but this here is really cool." I say moving down a corridor that only leads one way. We arrive in the old throne room. It's not used anymore but it's really cool to see with all the original paintings and decorations. I watch as max walks further into the room.

The room around me changes and suddenly I feel a presence at my back. There is a woman in front of me, anger raging wild in her eyes as she slaps me. "You are a whore. How could you let him ruin you. You are a ruined princess. No body would want you now." She yells and I flinch but stand my ground. She thinks for a moment. "No, they will because no one will find out about this. We will say that you kidnapped the princess for money in return but we found you." She says, I watch her face as she thinks of a plan to cover up what has happened. "You, peasant boy, you will be hung in the square for your crimes against the crown tomorrow at midday." She proclaims and I gasp, immediately looking to the man next to me as tears fill my eyes, I'm unsure who he is but he is the same man from all of the other flashes and dreams. "Hang me with him. I wish to die with him." I beg the lady. "I will do no such thing. In time you will forget about him. You will marry a prince and forget about this common man." She says to me before sending who I now realize is also max, to be kept in the dungeon till his hanging tomorrow. Before the guard can drag him away, I reach up and connect my lips with his. "For the rest of time." I say to him. "For the rest of time." He confirms as the guard pulls him away from me, taking my heart with him.

"You, young lady will stay on the second floor untill tomorrow evening. You are banished from the first floor and you will not be allowed to see him before his punishment. You can watch from the windows as your silly, naive choices are corrected. Now be gone." She says.

The room changes and I'm in my room. The stress and anxiety filling me. Partially my feelings as these flashes have never lasted this long. I begin to worry, my own feelings mixing with the other ones. Then I'm opening my bedroom door and running. "Till the end of time." I repeat loudly to myself as I run up the stairs to what I know is my parents music room. But it isn't. There are no pianos or guitars. Just easels and paints. I look out the window to find a hanging platform with a crowd surrounding it. After a few seconds I turn to climb the wooden stairs behind me, revealing a turret at the top of the castle. A low wall meets my waist as I begin to climb onto it. "Max!" I yell. My anxiety and panicking grows along with the other feelings filling me. "For the rest of time!" I yell. Then I feel arms around me, snapping me back into my body as we fall down to the floor of the turret.

My breaths rush in and out of my chest. Anxiety filling my body. I shift to find max staring down at me. His chest also heaving breaths. "You see them too, don't you? The visions from centuries ago?"

Max's pov

I walk further into the throne room. Being here and knowing how much history has happened here for my country. I take in all the decorations and art. I'm not normally one for history but this is so interesting. Ever since I had that vision in the library I've been off. After all this time I still have no idea what is causing them. They started around a week after my grandfather died near the end of last year. How, I'm not sure. They are so random I have no idea what triggers them. I'm so glad they never happen while I'm racing else I probably wouldn't be standing here today. I turn to look at Anna who has been rather quiet since we walked in here. She is standing on the other side of the long room. She mumbles something and as I take a step towards her she loudly says 'till the end of time.' Shock races down my spine. Those are the same words from my visions. Then she turns and sprints down the corridor. That shakes me from my trance as I take off after her.