Chapter 18

After a chaotic race with multiple rain interruptions, max crossed the line first. Just as I hoped he would. With Fernando and Pierre behind him. I met Max's sister, Victoria during the race as she was sitting next to me and we chatted for quite a while. She's incredibly nice and kind. "We're going to watch the podium if you'd like to come with us." She says. "Ooh I'd love that." I say with a smile as I follow them out the garage. We walk down to the podium with the rest of the team as they cheer around me.

I stand with Victoria at the barrier as the team stands next to us. Max pulls up behind the P1 board and jumps onto his car, celebrating before he runs over to his team and jumps into them. They all cheer and smack his helmet in congratulations. Eventually they let go of him and Christian congratulates him. He hugs Victoria before his eyes meet mine. He stops, almost in shock before what I'm sure is a smile covers his face under his helmet. "I didn't expect to see you here." He says, walking closer to me. "Are you disappointed?" I question, still trying to figure out where exactly we are. "Not in the slightest." He says with a smile and hugs me. I ignore the fact that he is sweaty and wet from all of the rain. Before we can talk anymore, max is dragged away to his interview. I look up to the VIP area and find Leah, Taryn and Jo waving down at me. I wave back with a smile. I messaged them earlier that I'd be watching from the Red Bull garage and they all Ooh'd and Aah'd over max and I. I didn't bother to acknowledge those comments with a reply.

After the podium ceremony which included max spraying me with champagne from all the way up on the podium, I make my way into the paddock where I find my friends waiting for me. "Awww look at Anna, supporting her man." Leah say as I walk up to them. "He's not my man." I disagree with her and they laugh. "You'd like him to be by the look on your face as he spoke to you after the race." Taryn says. I stay quiet. "She's not denying it!" Jo yells. "Shut up girl." I say to her with a laugh. "She's still not denying it." Jo says at a normal volume. "Why would I deny something that isn't entirely false." I say with a small smile and my friends are about to scream but they stop. "What isn't entirely false?" I hear a familiar voice behind me. I turn to find max standing behind me. "Oh nothing. Just random girl talk." I say but at the same time Taryn says "The fact that she wants to be your girl." I gasp and turn to glare at her. "Is that so?" Max says and I turn to find him looking at me. "What? No, don't listen to this one." I say, my high pitched voice giving me away as I wave a giggling Taryn away. Max laughs. It's a beautiful sound that forms a small smile across my face.

As quick as lightning, the sounds around me disappear and I'm sitting, looking down at a plate of food on the table in front of me. I hear a similar sound and look up to find a man laughing. His laugh rings in my ears. It's familiar. It makes my heart flutter. "You are incredible. Do you know that?" He smiles. "Thank you max." I smile.

The sound rushes back into my ears and my eyes focus on max right in front of me. The max I know. Is he the same max from these flashes and dreams? He can't be because the look nothing alike. Wait, now that I think about it... their eyes look the same but they cause similar feelings to grow inside my stomach. "Are you ok?" Max asks. I can't let him know. "Yeah all good. Sorry about that. You should go and celebrate your win." I smile up at him. "Will I see you again before I leave tomorrow night?" He asks, hopefully. "How about lunch at the castle. I can give you a proper tour if you'd like." I smile. "It's a date." He says with a wink before walking off. The smile on my face is ginormous as my friends surround me, whisper yelling about what just happened.

~

I fix the last flower in the vase before placing it onto the table that I have neatly set for us. It is in the small dining room. I take a deep breath, stepping back from the table to admire my hard work. I smile, it looks perfect. I turn and walk towards the main entrance. Knowing max should be here in the next few minutes. I watch as the gate opens and a Porsche rolls down the driveway. It stops infront of the steps and max climbs out. He throws me a lopsided smile as he hands the keys to Gareth, the valet. I walk down the steps and wrap my arms around his neck, greeting him. His arms snake around my waist and pull me in. "Hi." I smile, pulling away from the hug. "Hi." His gorgeous smile is now imprinted in my mind forever. I grab his hand in mine, our fingers lacing together perfectly. Like they are made for each other.