Chapter 31

We drop Taryn off at her hotel and max drives down the road to his apartment building. His hand rests on my thigh as we make our way through the tight and twisty roads of Monaco. We drove in from Nice airport as Max's car was waiting for us. We drive up to a gate and it opens, leading us underground to what I'm assuming is the parking garage. We go down one floor and drive past a Porsche, two Ferrari's, four Aston Martin's, a Renault, a Porsche and another Mercedes. Max pulls the Mercedes in the open spot next to the others. I climb out and take them all in. "Sorry I hope your neighbors don't mind me admiring their cars." I say, slightly embarrassed. "No it's ok, I appreciate that you enjoy the look of my cars." He smiles. I look at him in shock and he winks at me. "I guess I shouldn't be surprised, it's just a shame you don't have my favorite sports car." I say and shrug my shoulders. "Well that depends on what your favorite sports car is?" He asks, walking up to me. "Well I'll admit the Ferrari 488 and the Aston Martin vantage are in my top 5, my favorite is either the McLaren 720s or the Ferrari F40. I've always liked looking at them but I've only seen the McLaren once and that was 10 minutes ago." I say with a laugh as I continue to look at the cars. "Oh, I was wondering why you gasped." Max stated with a laugh. "How about we take our stuff up to my apartment so long." Max suggest. "Then you can pick one to go see Taryn in." He says. "Oh no I couldn't. You trust me too much. I'll just take the bus instead." I say as I start to grab my bags. "Babe, they are fully insured and I trust you with my life. And they sit here and do nothing most of the time so please drive one. It will make me very happy." He says looking at me. "That's very kind of you, thank you my love." I smile at him and he leans down to kiss me. "I love you." He says against my lips. "I love you too." I smile.

After max insisted in taking my suitcase up too, we walk to the elevator and he scans a card that starts the elevator immediately. I watch as the numbers tick up and eventually stop on the top floor. The doors open straight into his apartment. "You have the penthouse?" I ask as I walk out and take in the huge apartment. The stunning kitchen and the beautiful living room with a fireplace. I spot the balcony and unlock the door, pushing it open. I breathe in the fresh sea air. I feel a pair of arms wrap around my waist, and I relax into max. "It's absolutely stunning. I could sit out here all day." I say to him, looking out at the harbor view below us. The sun glistens off the water and the deep blue of the ocean looks incredibly inviting. "Well you can sit here whenever you want. It's mine and yours. I'll even have another access card made for you if you'd like." He says. "I don't need that just yet, maybe next year. Once I'm finished with my degree and hopefully working online." I suggest. "I think you moving in here next year is the best idea ever." Max says, placing a kiss on my neck.

He gently tugs on my arm and leads me back inside. "I have two cuties who have been waiting to meet you." Max says with a smile and I follow, my curiosity piqued. He walks to a closed door and I hear some scratching against the door. Gently, max opens the door and out run two bengal cats. The run straight to my legs and I bend down, stroking them. "Aww they are so adorable. What are their names?" I ask max. "That one is Jimmy and the other one is Sassy." Max says pointing to the cats. I sit down on the ground and the cats begin to climb onto me. "Aww they are so adorable." I say again. "They really like you. They don't even climb on me like that." Max grumbles. "Awww is someone jealous of his own cats?" I ask him with a small laugh as I continue to pet the two cats. "No, of course I'm not." He scoffs which makes me laugh. "You totally are." I laugh.

After a few minutes of playing with the cats, I stand up and find max sitting on the couch. "Are you done?" He asks with a tone of annoyance. "Awww is my Maxie wanting some attention? Is he jealous?" I tease him as I walk up to him. "No." He says with a sigh, crossing his arms across his chest. "Awwww." I coo, running over to him and messing up his hair before placing multiple kisses on his cheeks. He starts to smile and pulls me down onto the couch. He hovers over me. "I can't believe my cats love my girlfriend more than they love me." He grumbles. "I'll always love you more than them." I say to him with a laugh, reassuring him. "I hope so." He smirks, leaning down to place a kiss on my lips.

"Why don't you grab your stuff, the car keys and go out with Taryn. Here is the spare access card for the apartment. You know what, here take my card. I'll message you the pin." Max says, standing up and pulling me up off of the couch and handing me his credit card. "Really? No, it's ok, I have my own card." I say to him. "Yes I know, but take mine and buy what ever you want. Treat yourself. Please baby." He says. "As sweet as that is. I don't want you to think I'm using you for your money." I say, self consciously. "Baby, I know you and I trust you. I wouldn't have suggested this if I didn't trust you. Please go and have fun with your friend. And the car keys hang up here so if you ever want to go out just grab one." He says pointing to a small wooden box on the wall in the kitchen. "Are you sure?" I ask him. "As sure as I'll ever be." He confirms. "Thank you baby, I'll be back later. I love you, so so much." I smile at him and lean into kiss him. I pull away but he pulls my body against his. "I love you too, so incredibly much." He adds and kisses me again, soft, slowly and full of love. Eventually I pull away. "I'm stopping that before I end up staying here this afternoon. I'll see you later love. Goodbye." I say to him as I take the keycard he gave me and grab the Aston Martin vantage keys before I walk into the elevator.

I slide into the seat of the Aston Martin and squeal from excitement. Loving the feel of the sports car. I start the car and carefully reverse out of the spot and make my way to the exit. Once I get used to the car, I comfortably make my way through the streets of Monaco to the hotel Taryn is staying at. I did call her before I left and I pull up infront of the hotel to find her waiting. I roll down the window and she spots me in the car. Shock covers her face as she walks towards me. "Max let me borrow it for the afternoon, where do you want to go?" I ask her. "Oh my god!" She basically screams as she runs to the passenger door and slides in.

We park in front of a store that Taryn suggested and see a familiar person climb out the familiar car parked next to us. "Charles?" I ask and he looks up, relieved to find that it's me who has spotted him. "Anna! Hi. It's great to see you again." He walks over with a smile. "You too." I smile, pulling away from the hug. "Charles, this is my friend Taryn." I say and his eyes shift to her. "Hi." She holds out her hand for him to shake. "Hello, Anna's beautiful friend." He says, taking her hand in his and kissing the top of it. His eyes eventually leave Taryn's and fall back to me. "I have already messaged Max to tell him but since I've seen you, me and my friends are going out tonight to this new club, you two ladies should join us." He says with his ever charming smile. "We'd love to." Taryn says with a smile. "Awesome. I'll see you ladies later." He says and shoots Taryn a wink before walking off. "He likes you. For real." I say to her and she laughs off my comment. "Well it's a good thing we're out, we can get something for tonight." I say to her and we walk into one of the many high end shops infront of us.

I ended up buying much more than I should have. The bags of designer clothes hang from my arms as we walk back to the car. We place the bags in the car before deciding it's time for a drink. I message max and tell him I'm bringing the car back and we want to go to the bar next door to Max's apartment building.

Maxie 🦁
Did you have fun?

Anna 👑
Yes it was amazing. We had lots of fun. I even got you a surprise

Maxie 🦁
I hope the surprise is the charge I saw from Victoria's Secret

Anna 👑
Maybe...

I laugh at Max's question before starting the car and making our way back to Max's apartment.