Chapter 30

I wake up snuggled up to Max's chest. I snuggle closer, enjoying the time together. I think this wakes him up because his arms tighten around me. "Sorry for waking you up." I mumble. "Don't apologize, I'm always happy to wake up with you in my arms." He says. "Aww you're so adorable." I say with a smile and place small kisses on his chest before moving up to kiss his lips. "Thank you for last night and for going slowly with me. I really appreciate it you have no idea. Thank you." I say to him and he pulls me tightly against him. "You will always be first so I will always make sure you're comfortable and enjoying yourself." He smiles at me. "I definitely enjoyed myself last night." I say, stretching out across the bed. "Yeah, I know. I heard." He says with a cocky smile as he kisses my forehead before sitting up and reaching for his phone. I smack him for his comment and he chuckles.

"Our flight leaves at 11 so we have to leave in an hour. Do you want to come to Monaco with me?" He asks "but I'm guessing you want to go home so we will still stop in Amsterdam." He says. "We can stop in Amsterdam if I can bring my friend with to Monaco. I'll get her a hotel room with me close to your apartment. Then we can catch the train home when you have to go to Milton Keynes because I have to go back to Uni for tests so I'll see you in Brazil, if that's ok?" I say to him. "Two problems," he says, placing his arms on either side of my head and leaning in close to my face "One, you will be staying with me in my apartment in Monaco, not with your friend in a hotel room." He says to me. "Done." I smile up at him. "Good." He says and kisses me before getting out of bed.

I watch as he walks through the hotel room, wearing only the solid gold chain. "Enjoying the show?" He asks as he catches me staring in the mirror. "Oh I definitely am." I say with a small lip bite. He laughs. "You didn't tell me what the second problem was?" I asked him. "Oh, I'm going to miss you for those three weeks, and that's going to be a lot of prizes I won't get after the race." He says. "Well, that's assuming you win all the races." I say jokingly. He gives me a side eye look that makes me laugh. "I'm going to shower, so either you can join me or you can go get ready in your room and then we can grab breakfast before we leave for the airport." He says, changing the subject. I climb out the bed. "I think I'll go back next door and leave you in peace." I say as I collect my underwear and robe off the floor, bending over at the waist. I look up to find him watching me. "Enjoying the show?" I now ask him with a laugh as I shrug the robe on and tie it closed. "I was." He says, pretending to be upset and closed the bathroom door behind him. I laugh at his silliness and make my way back next door.

I slip on my comfortable shorts and a big t-shirt before tying up my sneakers. I check that nothing is left in my room and everything is in my bags. I walk out the door and find max opening his door at the same time. "Perfect." He smiles and grabs my hand as we walk to the elevator. "Me or the timing of us walking out at the same time?" I ask. "Both." He confirms with a lopsided smile.

I sit down on the couch in Max's jet and he sits next to me, pulling me into his side. We decided to eat on the plane so I told Taryn we will arrive earlier than we were meant to. I grab my book out of my backpack before placing my backpack next to the seat. I snuggle into Max's side and continue my book. The plane begins to take off and I continue reading. After a few minutes the air hostess brings out some breakfast food and coffee. I continue reading as I eat. "What are you reading?" He asks and I laugh as I move my eyes from the smut scene I'm currently reading. "It's this fantasy book about these kids who go to a war college and they pair up with a dragon that gives them magic powers. It's really cool." I smile. "What's happening now?" He asks and I feel my cheeks heat as I laugh. "What?" He asks. "You don't want to know. But you can read it if you like?" I ask paging back to be beginning of the scene. "It can't be too bad." He laughs and begins to read. "Oh my god." I hear from him and laugh. "Holy shit." "Damn." "Oh..." "what are you reading? Do you read stuff like this all the time?" He asks me once he's finished the chapter. "Yeah there are lots of books that have scenes like this in them." I say with a laugh at his shocked face. "Ok I guess I don't have to worry about you not knowing about certain things." He comments and I laugh. "I still can't believe you read stuff like that." He laughs but then he leans in close. "If you ever want to recreate a scene from one of these little books, I'll be more than happy to help out." He whispers softly in my ear. For the rest of the flight, I sat quietly reading my book. Although I don't think a read many pages in the two hours with my mind wondering...