Chapter 35

I snuggle closer into Max's chest, absorbing his warmth. His arms tighten slightly around my waist. He sighs contentedly and I smile. "Morning baby." He softly says. "Good morning love." I say, moving a little so I can see his face. "How did you sleep?" He asks, his hand smoothing down my hair. "Amazing, as always when I sleep next to you." I say and he smiles. He leans down and places a soft kiss on my forehead. We lie in silence for a while, enjoying each other's warmth and company.

I slowly sit up in the bed, Max's shirt covering me. "Max, can I talk to you for a sec?" I ask and he looks at me, concerned. He immediately puts his phone down and faces me. "What's wrong, love?" He asks, shifting himself up on the bed. "Nothing is wrong I just want to let you know how grateful I am for you. You have been so kind, thoughtful and patient with me and it means the world to me. I have felt incredibly comfortable around you for a long time and I think that is partially because I've known you for centuries." I say jokingly and we both laugh a little. "But the fact that I'm comfortable around you and the way you create a safe space for me when I'm with you has meant to much to me and has really helped me grow confident after everything with my ex boyfriend. You have helped me return back to my old confident self and I can't thank you enough for it. I've always felt safe with you and I'm so grateful for you and this relationship. You mean the world to me and I love you so much and I just had to let you know that." I say with a small smile and max looks at me, his eyes full of love and awe.

"Anna, I'm so glad that I have managed to create that safe space for you, that is what I was trying to do. I wanted you to know that you're safe with me and to always check that you're comfortable. Hearing those words from you means the world and I love you so much. You are the most beautiful, most precious, most thoughtful and the kindest woman in the entire world and I'm so glad that you're my woman." Max says, taking my hand in his. "I'm glad I could help erase the shit that idiot did to you because you deserve to be treated like the princess you are." He smiles at me. "I love you." I smile at him. "I love you too." He says, leaning in and capturing my lips with his.

Max and I decided to spend today in the apartment together. We made breakfast together before lounging on the deck together, catching some sun. For lunch I made us a salad, due to his trainers request. Then at around 3pm max walks out of his streaming room/ office where he was looking over some of the data for the upcoming races and walks over to me on the couch. "I have booked for us at a restaurant for tonight at eight." He says leaning over my book and placing a kiss on my forehead. I smile up at him. "You did? Is it a fancy place?" I ask him. "Yes, so be ready to leave around half past seven." He replies. "Aw thank you baby, I can't wait." I smile and he throws me a wink before walking to the kitchen.

At around 5:30 I decide to jump in the shower after which I curl my hair and do some light makeup. I've never liked lots of makeup due to the fact that the palace stylists used to pack the stuff onto my face when I was younger and I hated every second of it. I eventually pick one of the floor length dresses that I have hanging up in the closet and slip it on before grabbing a matching pair of heels. I grab one of my bags and place my phone, lipstick, my card and my ID inside. I check the time at it is 7:30. "Perfect timing." I say to myself. I heard max getting ready while I was still in the bathroom doing my hair and makeup so I know he is ready. I open the door to find max leaning against the wall opposite the door. His eyes roam up and down my body, taking me in before they land back on my face. "You look absolutely gorgeous." He says, pushing himself off the wall and walking towards me.

Now it's my turn to look at him. His navy blue suit pants and white button down shirt make him look incredible, I'm so glad I convinced him to buy this suit. He was talking to one of the tailors here in Monaco when we were in Qatar and he asked me for advice since he saw all the comments from fans about how he always wore the same black suit with the bow tie. He now sports a navy blue tie that matches the suit with his suit jacket, hanging over his arm. I feel his hands on my waist which breaks my trance of looking at him. "Are you ready to go?" He asks me softly. I nod my head yes, a smile on my face showing how excited I am for this.

Max pulls the Aston Martin up to the valet stand and he climbs out, immediately walking around and opening my door just as I'm about to. "M'lady." He says with a soft smile, holding his hand out for me to take. I take it and he gently helps me out of the car. "Thank you, love." I say as he closes the door behind me. "Only the best for my lady." He smiles and hands the keys to the valet, who nods as we walk past him into the restaurant. All the tables have candles on the tables and the ambiance is incredibly romantic. Max talks to the hostess and she leads us through the tables. We walk past both empty and full tables before turning down a passage at the end of the room. She stops at a door and opens it to a balcony. There is one table with two chairs in the middle of the small balcony, fairy lights hanging on the wall and twisting around the railing. "Thank you." Max says to her and she nods before saying something about our server but I'm to entranced by the view to listen. "Wow." I say softly. Looking out at the Monaco harbour and the Mediterranean Sea as the sun begins to set. "This is stunning." I say to max as I sit down on the chair. "How did you get a private balcony?" I ask him and he smiles at me. "Again, only the best for my lady." He says and I can feel my heart melt.