Chapter 26

I quickly make my way to the Red Bull garage. I stayed at the hotel room to catch up on some school work and I lost track of time. I can hear the cars as they roar around the track for the sprint qualifying session. I walk into the Red Bull garage and find that they are almost finished Q2. As I arrive, Max's car pulls out the garage for his final laps. I watch as the final laps are put in and max makes it through to q3. Max is wheeled into the garage and he jumps out, chatting to his team. I watch him and he glances my way, his eyes catching mine. He leaves their conversation and makes his way to me. "Are you alright?" He asks worriedly. "Yes all good. Sorry, I got caught up with school work." I reply and he looks relieved. "I was worried about you. I was about to phone you but then I had to go to a meeting and I never got around to it. I'm just glad you're ok." He smiles. "Well I'm here now so go and get pole so you can win the championship today." I say with a smile as I wave him off. He laughs and walks back to his team.

After a hot sprint race, Oscar finishes in first place and max in second which meant that he has officially won the world championship. The team hands me a max world champion shirt and I throw it on over my shirt before running down to parc Fermé with the team. Max pulls up behind the world champion sign. He jumps out of the car and stands on the nose as we all cheer. Max jumps off and celebrates with his team. They cheer and celebrate with him and I watch all their smiles. Max shakes hands with Christian, who pulls him in for a hug and so does Adrian Newey. He finally makes his way to me. The smile on my face almost hurts as he wraps me in his arms and I hug him tightly back. "I'm so proud of you baby. This is incredible and you've had such an incredible season and you deserve this so much." I say to him, tears forming in the corners of my eyes. He pulls away from the hug and looks into my eyes. I see the tears forming in the corners of his eyes. "Aww babe." I place my hand on the side of his helmet.

Suddenly I'm in a bed and it's silent. I'm next to the guy from the visions. Max. The bed is small in and in small room that I have definitely seen before. The soft light streams in from the window as max looks down at me. "I love you." I say to him. "I love you too." He smiles. "I will love you forever, in every life that I live from now on." I claim. "In every life from now on." Max confirms, threading his fingers through mine, holding our hands together under the covers.

Then I'm back. The loud cheering surrounds me. Max standing infront of me. Bright flashing lights around me. Max shakes his head lightly. "Did you also have one?" He asks me. "Yeah, maybe they are trying to tell us what to say." I say with a laugh and max laughs too. "I promised to take it slow and that's exactly what I'm doing. They can wait till the time is right. We have all the time in the world. In those times it was normal to marry a guy you met 5 months ago. So they must relax and let us be us." He says with a smile. "I couldn't have said it better myself. Now go and do your interview." I smile as I see the media manager walk over to take him away.

After the plaques were handed out, max was whisked off for interviews as the champion, his third title in a row. Before he left he quickly came to me. "I'll try and do these as quickly as possible, I don't want to leave you but I have to so I'll be back soon." He says. "You're adorable, go do what you have to do and I'll be waiting for you." I smile at him and he winks before walking off. I walk back to the garage with Christian and we make small talk. "I just want to say thank you for taking care of max. I don't think I've ever seen him this happy. I've known him for years so he feels like a son to me so thank you for being there for him." Christian says to me as we arrive at the garage. "Of course, I've never felt so connected with someone and he takes good care of me too. He talks very highly of you, Christian, you mean a lot to him." I say. "Yeah, he's been through some rough patches but if he ever does something to you or upsets you, you let me know and I'll deal with him." Christian says jokingly. I laugh. "I'll keep that in mind, thank you." I smile and Christian walks off as I make my way to Max's driver room. I wait for about ten minutes before the door opens to reveal max. I stand up and and wraps me in a hug, spinning me around. "It means so much to me to have you here." He says to me. "I'll always be here to support you. Always." I smile, placing my hand on his cheek and he closes the gap between us, placing his lips on mine.

He pulls away with a smile. "Oh the boys suggested we go out tonight to celebrate." Max says. "I think that's a great idea." I say excitedly. "Awesome. Let's go back to the hotel and get ready. I told them I'd meet them in an hour." He says holding out his hand and I take it as we walk towards the exit.