Chapter 34

"So that's pretty much it." I tell her. I told Taryn the whole story from where I found the ring to the flashbacks to almost jumping from the top of the castle. I even told her max and Anna's story from the 1700's. Taryn sits there in silence. "You're being serious?" She asks slowly. "Yeah, completely serious. I can even show you Anna's journals back at the castle. There are even charcoal drawings of sex positions hidden there that she talks about in her journal. I'll show you it all to prove it to you. Or you could even ask max." I say to her and she nods. "It's a lot but it sounds plausible enough. Wait I think remember the story of the princess. She was kidnapped and then when her kidnapper was to be hung, she jumped at the same time. They died together." Taryn says, I can see the thoughts working in her brain. "Yes but she wasn't kidnapped." I say to her. "Holy crap!" She gasps, the pieces falling into place.

After a few more glasses of wine and having to retell certain parts of the story to her, she eventually accepts the story. "Let's go back to the whole reason you're here right now. Last night? What happened? What did you do?" I ask her, changing the subject. She blushes. "Well while we were dancing he asked me if I wanted to go back to his place and I said I would really like that. So when you guys left we went back to his place, well I thought you guys had gone already but anyways. We went to his place and as soon as we got into the door he spun me around and kissed me. He then picked me up and walked us to his bedroom and then..." she trails off, her cheeks reddening. "Oh my god! Was it good?" I ask her and she laughs. "Oh it was fantastic." She smiles. "What about your night?" She asks me. "Oh last night was mind blowing, as always." I say with a smile. She gasps. "You guys have done it? When?" Taryn asks, moving closer to me on the couch. "After he won the race in Qatar." I say with a smile, I can feel my cheeks redden as I remember the night. I twist the ring on my right hand, playing with it. "Damn girl." She says and I laugh.

After another hour Taryn decided to go back to the hotel. "Would you like me to drop you off?" I offer. "No thanks, I have someone coming to fetch me." She says with a wink. "Oh ok. So I guess you're not staying at the hotel tonight then." I say with a smirk. "Not of it goes the way I'm hoping." She smiles before she walks into the elevator. "I'll see you tomorrow." I say and give her a quick hug before she disappears behind the doors.

I open the door to Max's streaming room as Sassy was meowing at the door. I watch as sassy runs towards max and jumps straight onto his lap. He jumps, the cat scaring him and I start to laugh. "You're so mean you know that." He jokes, a small smile on his face. I walk over to him and lean over his shoulder, wrapping my arms around his neck while standing behind the seat. "But you love me though." I say to him. "Yes, I do." He smiles at me before placing a kiss on my lips. I can hear the guys teasing him through his headphones. "Aww Maxie" "do you love me too Maxie" "aww you're so cute Maxie" I laugh at their childish behavior. "You guys are just jealous that you don't have an amazing girlfriend like I do." He says.

"Aww, you're always such a suck up." I jokingly say, rolling my eyes. "He's just trying to make sure he gets some tonight " Max's friend says. I laugh. "Yeah and just for his trying, I'm cutting him off." I laugh, removing my arms from around his neck. I hear the guys laugh. "I like her Max. Make sure you keep her." "else I will." His friends say while laughing. I walk out the room still giggling. "Wait Anna!" Max yells, jumping out of his racing sim. I turn to find him walking quickly towards me. "I didn't mean it like that. I'm sorry. Obviously that's not my intention." He says to me, looking sad. I place my hand on his cheek and he leans into it. "I know baby, it was adorable, I was joking. I love it when you compliment me." I smile at him. "So I'm not cut off?" He asks. "Nope." I say with a small laugh before kissing him.

Max went back to his stream for a little longer while I got ready for bed. I grabbed one of his shirts, deciding to sleep in it. I walk to the kitchen and make myself some tea before grabbing my book from the lounge and climbing into bed. I'm a chapter or two in before I hear max talk to the cats and he feeds the cats before he walks down the corridor towards our room. He walks into the room and sighs. I look up to find him watching me. "What's wrong love?" I ask him, slightly lowering my book to see him. "Nothing is wrong, you just look so good in my shirt in our bed. You look stunning." He says which makes me blush. "Thank you Maxie, now hurry up and get in so I can cuddle with you." I say to him and he laughs before getting ready for bed.