Chapter 22

After Max's win in Monza, I got a face time call from him once he was back at his hotel room and we were on that call for hours. Max explained that he had to go to Milton Keynes, to the Red Bull factory for the sim practice and prepare for the last 8 races. "I don't know if I'll be able to make it back to the Netherlands until the winter break in December." He says sadly.

"Hey, it's ok. I know you have a very busy schedule and the last thing I want to do is add pressure to you so please don't worry about me. I have to finish up with my degree for this semester and I have some exams to write. You have your third championship to wrap up and there are still a few records for you to break so you'll be ok. I'll always be a phone call away." I say to him, trying to comfort him.

He gives me a small smile. "I know you're right but I just miss you so much." He sighs. "I know, I miss you too and once you're back for winter break we can spend weeks together." I say to him, refusing to ruin my surprise by telling him I'm surprising him. "Weeks?" He questions, asking if I'm telling him the truth. "Weeks." I confirm and he smiles at the thought.

It's been a little over a week since that video call and I'm currently packing my suitcase full of clothes for Singapore and Japan. I've booked my flights and hotels after messaging Charles to ask him where max normally stays. I twist the ring on my hand in excitement. Thankfully the visions and flashes in the middle of the day have slowed down significantly, I'm assuming it is because Max and I now know what happened and that we are basically dating at this point but the dreams are still so vivid. I wake up full of emotions and I need a few minutes to breathe before I return to normal. It still amazes me how this whole situation happened and how everything worked out, it's insane.

~

I place my laptop back into my backpack, I spent the last part of the flight going over notes and watching lectures that my lecturers have sent over. I've managed to convince my lecturers to let me complete the syllabus online as long as I make it back for the end of semester exams at the in November which is the week between the Vegas and Abu Dhabi grand prix's. I'm in my last year of my business management and consulting degree. I've been top of my class since the first semester of my first year and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Thankfully the studying helped the flight go by quicker. As I walk out the plane, my stomach churns in excitement as I'm going to see Max soon and I absolutely can't wait.

I climb out of the taxi and grab my suitcase out the car. The city lights blink around me as it's close to 11pm on a Friday night. I thank and pay the driver before he leaves me in Singapore in front of my hotel. An excited smile covers my face as I walk into the hotel. I check in and race up to my room to change as the comfortable leggings and hoodie were becoming far too much in this heat. I change into a comfortable pair of shorts and a shirt. My phone pings with a message and I read it.

Maxie
It's getting quite late here so goodnight princess. I hope everything is alright with you. I'll chat to you tomorrow.

I rush to find he has messaged me many times while I was on the plane and I never got them. Crap he must be worried.

Anna 👑
Wait, I have a surprise for you.

Within seconds he starts a video call. I answer it as I leave my hotel room. "Hey." I smile. "Hi, where are you?" He asks. I can see the tiredness on his face as he sits up in his bed. I walk down the corridor, letting him see the surroundings. "Which floor are you on?" I ask, pretending to look around. "No ways. There is no ways you're here right now." He says in shock. "Well if you told me which floor you were on then you would see for yourself." I state. "5th floor." He says and I watch on the screen as he climbs out of his bed.

"I'm also on the 5th floor. What a coincidence." I say and I watch as he rushes towards the door. I hear a door opening down the corridor, near my room. Then there he is. He steps into the corridor, his hair standing in a mess on the top of his head and his head turns towards me and our eyes meet. I lock my phone before I take off. I run down the corridor. The smile on his face matches mine. As I reach him, I jump into his arms and he catches me, swinging me around in his arms as a let out a small squeal, trying to keep quiet as to not disturb the neighbors. His arms are tight around my waist as I clasp mine around his neck. My heart beats wildly from the excitement of seeing him again.  He places me down in front of him. "What are you doing here. I thought you had class and exams? I didn't think I'd see you till December." He says to me. "I managed to switch to online classes, I just have to go back in November for my exams but I'll be done before Abu Dhabi." I smile at him. "So that means you can come to the next few races with me and travel the world with me?" He asks excitedly. "I can if you want me too." I say. "Obviously I want you too. I'm so happy right now you have no idea." He smiles down at me before placing a quick kiss on my lips.