Chapter 8

"Do you love me? Is that why you would like to do that with me?" I ask him. He sighs. "I am unsure how love should feel but I do feel very strongly for you. My heart speeds up when you are near. I feel it in my stomach and in my chest. When you are not near, my heart and body yearns for you. I worry for your safety and happiness. When you catch my eye from the library, even though you are so far away my heart speeds up and I am unable to think of anything other than you. You occupy my mind all the time. If that is not love then I don't know what would be. I know it is soon but this feels right and I wouldn't want to be close like this with any other woman, and the thought of you close like this with any other man makes my blood boil. In my 26 years of life, I have never felt this way about a woman before. You are spectacularly beautiful and your beauty stuns me every time I see you. So I am willing to put my heart on the line and say, I love you Anna. I have loved you since I found you on the sand 7 weeks ago." He says and my stomach flips, the warm feeling filling my stomach and heart like molten lava. It is hot and warms me from the inside out.

"By that description, I believe I love you too Max." I say with a smile. "I feel the same things that you have just described. In my 22 years of life I have never felt this way about any man. You are always on my mind and occupying my thoughts. I yearn for you when you are not near. I ache to wake up in your arms every morning. I miss your laughter and the way you make me laugh. You occupy my waking thoughts as well as my dreams. I dream of a life we could have together. We are married and live in a small house by the ocean. We have a child running around and another growing in my stomach. These dreams are my hopes for the future. I am unsure how we will make it work but it will work. I believe. We will be happy together in the future. I love you, max." I say and he closes the gap between us, capturing my lips in his.

His hands tighten on my hips as he pulls me closer. My hips connect with his and something solid hits me between my legs and I gasp into the kiss as lightening fills my body. I feel on fire as he continues to kiss me. I decide to follow one of Rachel's steps and slowly unbutton his shirt. He pulls away from the kiss, halting my hands in their position. "Are you alright? Are you sure you are ready to continue with this. We are unwed and if we do this and people find out, we will both be in trouble." He says. "I know, but I can't stay away from you. We will be in trouble together. I love you Max and I want to do this with you. I want this to seal our souls together forever. I will love you for the rest of my life and in every life I live after this one. I will love you, always." I say through shallow breaths. I see something snap deep in his eyes.

He releases my hands and connects our lips again. His big, strong hands landing on my waist and they begin to exploring my torso. They run along my back and up and down my sides. He gets close to my chest but refuses to touch my breast. I finish undoing the buttons on his shirt and push it off his shoulders. He gets the message and pulls the shirt off, throwing it somewhere in the room. My hands roam his bare chest, feeling the muscles ripple underneath my fingers. My skin on fire as I touch him. His hands are still refusing to touch my chest. I can't tell if he doesn't want to or if he is too much of a gentlemen to do so. I assume it's the latter and pull one of his hands from my waist and place it directly onto my breast. He groans into the kiss and softly begins to feel my breast with his hand. I drag my nails down his chest. My hands drift lower and the brush against something hard in his pants. I recognize what it is from Rachel's drawings. A deep groan fills the kiss.

He starts to lift my nightgown up and over my head. My night time underwear is nothing special, no corset means no upper support or coverage for my breasts but I insist on wearing the underwear to cover my sacred space between my legs. Max throws my gown somewhere in the room and I hear it thud, due to the gift I have for max hiding in the closed pocket. I watch his face and his eyes land on my body, not realizing that my nightgown made a louder thud than it should have. His breathing stops as his eyes roam my body. They stop on my breasts a couple of times. He says and does nothing, just stares. I begin to feel insecure under his gaze. My hands move to cover my body and he snaps out of his trance. "Please do not hide yourself from me. You are incredibly beautiful and I apologize for staring but I can not help it." He says before he shifts, placing my back onto the bed as he hovers above me.

My head hits the soft pillow as I watch him. He looks at me, almost as if he is committing every detail to memory. He leans down, softly kissing my lips before he starts to kiss his way down my neck. He licks and sucks his way down my neck. His hand finds my breast and begins to knead it. This causes a new feeling to spark through my body, settling in my lower stomach. I don't know what to name it but it is a strong feeling and feels amazing. It also only shows up when I'm with Max.