2. New experience

"Hm? You want to apply for Fontainian citizenship?" Cesar nod while Fenice's eyes roam around the room. Everything here are new to him.

"But since he looks like around seven, I want to apply to be his caretaker." Fenice immediately whip his head and look towards Cesar in shock. He thought the man will leave him be after apply for his Fontainian citizenship.

"I already update his biodata in Fontaine's citizen record. I heard he want to open a tailor shop. Would you like to sign this application as his caretaker? Meanwhile you're at it, maybe I can have a nice chat with him."

Cesar nod and look at Fenice. "I'll waiting for you outside. You're okay being alone with Monsieur Neuvillete, right?" Fenice nod as Cesar out of the room.

The two then look at each other in silence. A minute later, Neuvillete decided to break the silence.

"So... You go by Fenice now?" Fenice nod. "I didn't expect this but it's nice to see you're alive, Fenice-sama." Fenice chuckle. "There's no need to be so formal, Neuvillete. Though I know my words won't reach you about this despite me always told to call me informally before." Neuvillete chuckle.

"You know me so well, Fenice-sama." Fenice grin. "Well how's Focalor's doing right now? Ah, she go by Furina now, right?" Neuvillete nod.

"You know how she's behave. She said she's boring because nothing interesting happen." Fenice snicker. "Typical Furina." Neuvillete nod as agreeing with him.

"Though while your stay here, you might hear some interesting story. Every Fontainian here know the story since their childhood." Fenice raise his eyebrow.

"Oh? That sounds interesting. What's the story about?" Instead of answering, Neuvillete just innocently smile at the young lad before him.

"That's for you to find out, Fenice-sama."

Timeskip...

A year passed and Fenice's tailor shop and got a warm welcome from the Fontainians. Many didn't expect someone as 'young' as him can manage the shop.

He also got to experience father's warmth for the first time after Cesar decided to adopt him which is he really appreciate it.

Though today he feel a bit excited. It's been a while he heard Cesar have students to learn magic and today Cesar said he will introduce his students to him.

Ding

The bell rings as a sign someone comes in. Fenice's eyes immediately shine when he saw his adoptive father and two kids behind him.

New friends!

"Hello, Fenice. Look who I bring along!" Cesar grin as he saw excited look on Fenice's face. He then slide to the side to show his students to his adoptive son.

Both of them have grey-ish hair and violet eyes. One have cat ears while the other one is like everyone else.

"Ah, hello! Welcome to my humble shop! How can I help you?"

Lyney and Lynette look at each other. Honestly, they just want to check out the shop since it's become people's talk and popular. When they heard the owner of the shop is their master's adoptive son, they decided to take the chance.

"H-Hello! I'm Lyney and this is my sister, Lynette. Nice to meet you, uh..." Fenice sent a gentle smile towards them.

"The name is Fenice. I hope we get along."