16. The past

Fenice or rather Astraeus, his real name look down upon the land beneath the Celestia, which is where his residence is.

Despite being able to control Teyvat, he never seen the land with his own eyes. He always want to go down there, experience the beauty of the land but unfortunately, the rules forbidden him from doing so.

'Those who lives in Celestia are forbidden to descend to the land of Teyvat and interrupt the life circle of the living things on the land without a proper order.'

He being stuck up in Celestia for hundred years and doing nothing except watching over the Teyvat. Despite the place named Celestia, a place where most people thought it was a heaven, it's pretty empty.

The only residents in this place are him, the heavenly principles, some chosen gods and some chosen souls that does a lot of good deeds when they're still alive.

Everyday, he saw the same things. Same people, same white with golden Stripes tiles and pillars.

He's getting bored seeing the same dull things everyday. So one day, he decided to quietly descend to the land. Its pretty obvious he decided to ignore the rules.

Sucks the rules. Who even care the rules to begin with? Rules are meant to be broken after all. He sure his 'friends', the heavenly principles understand them. Or that's what he thought.

He happily looks around after descending to the land. He's been dreaming for this for so long! He's like a child who get to see the outside for the first time.

The birds showing their freedom by spreading their wings, flying happily through the air. The gentle breeze rustling the grass and various flowers are beautifully blooming.

A sincere grin finally appears on his face, showing that he's on the cloud nine. He keeps moving forward while enjoying the scenery around him.

Unaware for him, there's eyes watching him from up there while grinning, as if they're waiting for this moment. Though, the grins on their faces are not from good intentions.
.
.
.
Astraeus stop walking and frown at the sight before him. He recognises the the place where he's in right now. The Mondstadt. The surroundings are grim and eerie. Some screams from the residents make it worse.

He knows about this scene through the elemental screen when he's in Celestia, since he's the one who watching over Teyvat but can't do anything.

Ever since Mondstadt got taken and ruled by the the ruthless god, Decarabian, it's a pain to see what the Mondstadt people had to go through.

He takes a deep breath and decided to sneak into Mondstadt. Alas, his plan failed as he got noticed by the head of the big three clans and a bard with a wind spirit.

He flinch when he saw the three clan leader look sharply at him while the bard still have his cheery aura around him.

"Why, hello there, traveler from far. May I ask you why are you here?" The bard decided to greet him first with the tiny wind spirit following him.

"I-I'm just just looking around..." The bard, who notice his uneasiness to continue to talk pout at the three people behind him.

"You three! Stop staring at him like that! You made him scared." Meanwhile, Astraeus and the wind spirit are having their little greetings at the back.

The bard decided to return his attention to Astraeus. "What's your name, dear traveler?"

The question caught his attention. He then stare at the wind spirit on his hand, which is staring innocently at him.

He's about to say his name, Astraeus but he never like his name to begin with. He knows nothing about his origin. When he first opened his eyes, the heavenly principles told him his name is Astraeus without telling him the meaning of his name or any explanation and make him immediately begin his works.

Astraeus, who can't stop being curious decided to figure out everything himself. He just can't sit still especially when the name doesn't feels right to him. Thus, he decided to create his own name.

"It's Fenice, sir."