3. It doesn't same anymore

Warning! Starting from this chapter, there will be Fontaine's Archon quest spoiler. So those who still didn't do the Archon quest, please proceed with your own risk. Thank you.

Fenice is speechless.

He stare at the grave before him while Lyney and Lynette behind him. The people around them just whisper at each other and look towards them.

"You three, it's almost dark. You have to go home." The person who decided to approach them flinch when the person saw their dull eyes.

"I don't understand. I don't think Cesar-san is the Phantom Weasel. There must be something the gardes missed." The person who decided to approach them turns out to be Cesar's fiance, Jemma flinch again.

"I-I'm sorry. I know you're sad but it's dangerous. It's almost dark. You can come back tomorrow."

"Are you saying I can't defend myself, Jemma-san?" Jemma and especially the twins flinch at Fenice's cold voice. They've used to hear his gentle and warm voice so it's a first for them to hear his voice like this.

Fenice didn't mean to be rude to the woman and he knows he unusually like this. But something tells him this woman hide something from him about his adoptive father.

"Lyney, Lynette. You guys can go first. I'll be here a little bit longer." It made the twins easier when they hear the soft voice of him.

They know the older brother figure before them didn't mean to scare them. Not wanting to trouble Fenice more, they nod and decided to follow what Fenice said.

Make sure the twins are gone, he side eye the woman beside him. "Well, aren't you going back, Jemma-san?" Jemma sigh as she keep flinching hearing Fenice's cold voice.

"I-I'm going now. Take care, Fenice-san." Fenice just stare at the way Jemma leave and sigh.

"This is why I keep telling you to be careful, father. Look what happened to you now... It will be lonely in my shop later..."
.
.
.
Lyney and Lynette take a peek into the tailor shop. Lyney can't help but worry for his brother figure. Sure, he and Lynette have intentions approaches Cesar but still feel sad that Cesar's gone while Fenice, who's with Cesar longer than them. He cannot imagine how Fenice feels right now.

Lyney, who always the older one feels safe when he's with Fenice. Fenice carry an older brother aura and made Lyney automatically lean on his shoulders and want to vent everything to him.

Being with Fenice made him feels safe and experience how the younger one feels. Whether him or Lynette are in trouble or not, Fenice always with them.

He admitted at the first time they've met, he hesitate to approach the older one but now look how the table has turned.

He knows maybe Fenice need some time alone for now but Lyney want to comfort him like Fenice always do to him and his sister. And that's the problem.

He don't know how.

Lyney sigh at the variety thoughts how to comfort his brother figure while Lynette just stare at him.

"Hm? Why standing out there? You two don't want to come in?"

The two flinch when they saw Fenice sent a gentle smile towards them from inside the shop. Though Fenice always give off elegant vibe, it's a bit different this time. His messy hair broke the elegant image.

"Well?"

Lyney snap out from his thoughts and lead Lynette into the shop.

"Excuse us then, Fenice."