9. Calm before the storm

Aether sweatdrop when he saw Paimon trying to ease off the awkward tension. He and Paimon come to the opera House to watch Lyney and Lynette's performance but ended up in this situation.

The awkward tension though slowly drift off after Lyney introduce Neuvillete, the Fontaine's Chief Justice to them.

"Oya? Did I miss something important?"

Aether's eyes widen as he saw familiar person walking towards them while Lyney immediately brighten when he saw his favourite person.

"Fenice!"

Fenice happily grin and wave at Lyney who brighten at his arrival. He then nod towards Aether.

"Fenice-sama. It's nice to see you here. Its rare to see you're out of your shop." Fenice chuckle.

"Of course I won't miss out this performance, Neuvillete-san. It's from our famous magician, Lyney and his assistant, Lynette after all. Lyney said he want to try some new tricks so I'm intrigued by it."

The two happy talk and praising the poor magician who suddenly feel shy while Aether raise his eyebrow.

'-sama? Since Neuvillete-san is already an important person, does that means Fenice is another person who higher than Neuvillete-san?'

"Uh, who's that, Aether?"

Paimon's voice snap him out of his thoughts. He then sigh and shake his head.

"I don't know. I just know his name. But looks like he's another important person since Neuvillete-san seems to respect him."

The other three stop talking as they noticed the traveler and his flying companion curious over the tailor shop's owner.

"Right. I forgot to introduce to you. This is Fenice, the owner of Fontaine's Tailor Shop. Feel free to visit him later." Lyney innocently interrupt their whispering session.

"Ah, hello...?" Fenice nod and give them a closed eye smile.

"Well then, please take your seat. The show will begin in a minute."
.
.
.
.
.
Fenice is enraged. Now who's the one who dare to ruin his Lyney and Lynette's show? Its a big show for them and both of them literally work hard for this show, preparing everything they need to make the show a big success only to be ruined by the so called accident.

He going to find the culprit to make they pay for their doing.

No matter what.

Nobles or not, does he looks like he cares about that? He's going to have a nice conversation with them.
.
.
.
"-Therefore, our magician, Mr. Lyney is the prime suspect!"

"Huh? But why me? This whole thing is an accident!"

"This all occurred during your magic show, did it not? The missing girl disappeared after being chosen, did she not?"

The way Furina talk sounds like she's confident Lyney is the suspect.

Her breath hitched as she feels a cold stare towards her. She looks towards the audience seats and spot Fenice glaring at her as if he's saying,

'Do not assume something easily until you're confirm about it.'

She nervously nod and put on her brave mask in front of her people. Her people agree and praise for her statement while she internally sweating and nervously smile on the outside.

"O-Of course, we need to hold a trial to prove if Mr. Lyney is guilty or not."

'I already got what you want to say about so please stop glaring at me! It's scary! Neuvillete, help me...'