13. The truth

"Though, I don't know if the information will be useful to you or not. Since you already visit Sumeru, the City of Wisdom, I'm sure you did gain a lot of information about your sister and yourself."

Aether's hope immediately crushed. And here he thought he will get something useful from Fenice.

"Come on, don't make that face. I said I don't know if it will be useful, not its not going to be useful. So just ask away what's on your mind. I'll try my best to answer it."

"Then... Do you know where's my sister right now?"

"... You think I have time to put on a tracker on her?"

"Right. I'm sorry."

"Anything else?"

"Have you met with her before?"

"I did. The last time I saw her was 500 years ago when cataclysm happened at Khaenri'ah."

"I see... Wait- 500 years ago?! How old are you?!"

"Dunno. I stop counting hundreds years ago. Well now you know I'm not a mortal like these people." Aether nervously nod, still thinking what kind of questions he should ask next.

"... Who are you, Fenice? An Archon?"

"You know there's only seven Archons in Teyvat, Aether. Of course I'm not one of them. I'm too weak to be an archon."

"Then?"

"That's for you to find out. By the way, I don't see this conversation is about your sister right now."

"Right... My bad. Then, do you know why she's siding with the Abbys? She said I have to see the true part of Teyvat. It's almost like she's want to say Teyvat's beauty hide its darkness side."

"Well, she's not wrong. She's siding with the Abbys to defeat the Celestia. I think you already know why she want to defeat the Celestia." Aether nod.

"To take revenge for the Khaenri'ahns." Fenice hums as if what he's saying is right.

"I still can't grasp clearly on what's going on. The cataclysm happened at Khaenri'ah and the Khaenri'ahns got cursed that made them into monsters from the Abbys." Fenice hums, allowing him to continue.

"They even despise the Archon. Why the Archons did that to them? From my encounter with them, they doesn't look like they like to hurt the innocents." Fenice sigh.

"It's because they got a direct order from that f*cking Celestia. Knowing they didn't stand a chance against the Celestia, they have no choice but to obey the order. So you can't fully blame it on the Archons. If you have a chance to ask them, none if them will say they like the Celestia."

Fenice sweatdrop as he saw Aether's mouth gaped and stare at him in shock.

"You can curse...?" A tick mark appears on Fenice face and his smile is strained.

"I'm wasting my time explaining to you what happened while you only focused on whether I can curse or not? Please don't judge the book by its cover. I wonder what made you think I can't curse?"

"Well... Judging by your elegance and looks, you don't looks like someone who gets their mouths dirty by cursing. You looks pretty innocent too."

"Well I do, curse sometimes. I won't curse unless someone or something make me feel pissed though."

"Okay... Back to the main topic, I'm curious on how much you know about Celestia and these things." Fenice sigh and look away from Aether.

"... Celestia... Is once my residence."