8. A proper conversation?

Aether is tired. Travelling from another nation to another nation is tiring. He felt happy to help people in Teyvat at first. But now? He feels like the more he help people and the longer he travels, the lesser information he got about his sister.

Except when he's in Sumeru. It's a nation full of knowledge after all. He can't thank Nahida enough.

Though the information he got is just a small fragments, full of gaps and holes making him feel its still not enough.

He needs more.

He sigh and stare at his reflection on the clear water. A frown formed on his face.

"Frown doesn't suit you. It ruins your beautiful face."

He turn around and face with another person who smile and give a small wave towards him.

"Having bad day?" Aether nod in hesitant. He don't even know this guy but the person before him right now give off a comfort aura.

"Where's your companion?" Aether sigh again. "Probably searching some food to fill up her never ending stomach. I need some time alone so I give her mora-"

Wait. Aether's eyes widen.

"Why did I even tell a stranger like him about this?"

He sharply look back at the guy before him who innocently tilt his head in confusion.

"I see. If you ever want to release tension, maybe diving can help you." Aether still staring at the person before him, searching if there's some suspicious movement from the person.

"Uh... If my presence bothering you, I can leave if you want..."

Fenice, who still have the smile on his face sweatdrop when he feel Aether's cold stare on him. He didn't even plan for this to happen!

He just want to have some night walk and happened to pass by the traveler who near the seaside. He decided to ignore him until he saw a frown formed on the traveler's face.

He meant everything he said. So he decided to greet the traveler before the frown ruins his beautiful face.

"I'll take my leave then-"

"Who are you?"

"Huh?" Fenice raise his eyebrow and look and Aether who still staring at him.

"Ouh, pardon my rudeness. The name is Fenice. Nice meet you, traveler. Well then, if you excuse me, I have works waiting for me. Have a nice day."

Without any thoughts, Aether unconsciously tug Fenice's clothes made him stop from leaving.

"Eh?"

"Eh?"

Fenice sweatdrop as he saw even the traveler himself surprised at his own action.

"Is there something you'd like to say?"

Aether is panicking on the inside, thinking any excuses of why he suddenly tug Fenice's clothes while Fenice can see him sweating.

"I-I, uh..."
.
.
.
Fenice sigh as he can feel Aether's stare from his side. In the end, Aether ask him to stay for a while without giving him any reasons and elaborations.

For the pass few minutes, they end up doing nothing and sit in silence. Fenice sigh as his time wasted by doing nothing.

"If you have anything to ask, then ask away."

"I-I just want a company..."

"..."

"You could just say that earlier."

"I'm sorry..."

Fenice sigh again as he knows the the traveler is mentally and physically exhausted so he decided to shut up.
.
.
.
One hour passed and Aether flinch when he heard some movement from the person beside him. He looks up and saw Fenice already looking at him.

"Its almost dark now, traveler. Surely you don't want to stay here until midnight, right? Go back and have a good rest."

"Wait-"

Aether was cut off by growling sound from his stomach. The two sat in silence while Aether's face become red because of embarrassment.

"... Let's get you something for dinner first. You can't have a proper rest with that empty stomach of yours."