15. The once human beings

Fenice stare at his reflection on his tea. Its became a routine for the twins and their newly added sibling, Freminet to visit him every morning. So its feels weird for him when he didn't even feel their presences at all this morning.

Its kinda worries him.

'Maybe they got works to do...'

He tries to think positively. Plus, Lyney will have his big show in a few days later so he must be preparing for that right now.

He sigh and decide to go outside to have some fresh air.
.
.
.
Fenice blink twice at the scene before him. There's a Mitachurl with a few Hilichurls and slime staring at him.

"Ah, hello...? Did I interrupt your party...?" The monsters before him shake their heads while the the slime just jump and goes boing around him.

Fenice chuckle and crouch down to pat the slimes and the sitting Hilichurls.

"I'm sorry to interrupt you but why are you guys near the city? It's dangerous you know? If the guild know about this, they will put on commissions for the adventures to clear up you guys."

The Hilichurls whimper, tired of being moved many times. Fenice look at them in pity, knowing the once humans already tired being chased around by the adventures.

"How about I lead you guys to a hidden place? There's less human over there so you guys can live in peace." The Hilichurls make some noises as if they agree with him.

"Let's go then."
.
.
.
Fenice wave at the Hilichurls after he led them to the hidden place while the Hilichurls reply his wave happily. After all, they found a new home that more safe than the previous.

Fenice about to return to his shop but the footsteps behind him stopped him. Fenice sigh and side glance at the person, still not facing the person behind him.

"I didn't know you decided to visit Fontaine, Lumine."

Lumine chuckle when Fenice finally face her, his shocked expression after looking at the Abbys Herald beside her amuse her.

"Ah, I thought you come here alone. I forgot you're the Abbys' princess and a knight will be always by your side."

The Abbys Herald beside Lumine immediately bow down after seeing the familiar figure in front of them.

"Greetings, My Lord. Its been a while." Fenice nod as a reply to the Abbys Herald's greetings.

"It is indeed. I thought I already told you before, no need to bow down to me. I've lost all your respect hundred years ago. I'd already failed to protect your nation after all."

"But you're still a god. Plus, you did stay with us until the end of the Cataclysm. You're even got the curse from it."

Fenice sigh as he saw the Abbys Herald has no intention to stop bowing to him. He then look at the Abbys' princess with his pleading eyes.

"Your wish is my command. You just have to say the words. It's an easy thing to do."

Fenice feels his smile twitch. These two clearly plan these kind of things before meeting him.

"Just- *sigh* raise your head..."

The Abbys Herald immediately stand straight, surprising Fenice from the fast movement.

"H-Hey, you have to chill. Its not like I'm going anywhere..." Lumine giggle at the sight before her. This situations reminds her some memories while she still staying at Khaenri'ah.

She still remembers how Khaenri'ahns show their respects to Fenice after knowing his real identity. Fenice, being a soft hearted person, panicking, saying he didn't deserve people bowing to him with such high respect.

Even without people knowing he's a god, he already have Khaenri'ahns' respect since his arrival at the nation as a 'human being'. Actually, he didn't intend to hide his identity as a god but since he like to blend in with people, his clothes also didn't looks like he's a divine being.

Thus, people mistook him as a normal human being like others but he didn't mind about it.