18. Handling business

Fenice stare at the papers on his hold. He just got back from his reunion with Lumine a minute ago and now he has to get back to work.

Five months ago, he received a big sum of funds from Fontainian that saying he should turn his tailor shop into a boutique because of the silks he found from who knows where.

He refused at first, saying he want to keep his tailor shop but one of his regular customer suggested it would be better if he do both, tailor shop and boutique.

All he had to do is just renovate his tailor shop to make it slightly bigger than the previous one and use half of the space for his tailor section and another half is for the boutique. Minus his house since his house is practically in his shop.

His new way of business is surprisingly well and he hired some people to work under him. With all the works to do, he can't do it alone. He also started receiving request and orders from other nations and have to handle the shipments thingy.

And that's the problem he currently have to solve.

According to the paper in his hand, he got a notice that saying there's some problem with the shipment process. Apparently, there's nothing wrong in Fontaine. Its starting with their nearest neighbour, Sumeru.

Some merchants who work under him saying they were ambushed by Eremites and Treasure Holders. The merchants he sent off for handling the shipments usually accompanied by the experienced adventures who takes up their commission.

But since Eremites and Treasure Holders are usually seeing in groups, its easy to get ambushed.

Fenice sigh and clean up his table.

"Andrew, can you take care of the shop for at least three days? I have to handle the shipments problem."

Andrew, the vice manager who Fenice take him in after his family got killed by unknown, immediately stop his work and look at Fenice.

Also Andrew, who about Lyney and Lynette's age but a bit younger, always stick to Fenice and do whatever Fenice request without any complaints.

His actions is because of Fenice reminds him of his older brother. He still remembers how he just got back from seeing his friends and saw his family lying on the floor, lifeless and full with bloods. The killer is still remain unknown and didn't even leave a trace.

"You can leave it to me, nii- I-I mean Fenice-san! Though I have to remind you Lyney's performance is in five days..." Fenice chuckle and ruffle Andrew's hair.

"I knew it I can count on you. Plus, I did say I only gone about three days? I still can make it to Lyney's performance." Fenice have to close his eyes as Andrew's obviously glowing while he's ruffling the younger ones hair.

A hum of satisfaction from him after he saw Andrew vigorously nod. He slightly push the door and look back at his vice manager.

"Take care, okay? I'll take my leave first. I'll have anyone from my contact to check on you while I'm gone."

Timeskip with chibi Andrew drawing chibi Fenice on his diary that Fenice give him as a present for his upcoming birthday

Fenice sigh at the sight before him. Sands are everywhere. Don't get it wrong, Fenice is fine with sands like the one at the shore or seaside but not much as these sands in Sumeru.

"Let's just get over with this and go back real quick..."

( Just some information though, you guys can imagine Andrew have messy light brown hair and lime eyes. I'll try to draw Fenice and Andrew later though there's nothing much to expect from it since my drawings are bad :) )