23. The Anemo Archon

As Fenice step into Mondstadt, he immediately greeted with the wind which is circling him at first then move away at a certain way as if asking Fenice to follow it.
.
.
.
.
Fenice smile at the sight of Windrise Tree before him. It's one of his favourite place to relax in Mondstadt. Plus, it's a place where he and his best friend spend time together.

"Now, where is my favourite Anemo Archon?"

"BESTIEE!!"

Fenice who don't have to properly face the person got engulf into a warm hug by someone and almost made them fall down.

Despite not seeing the person's face, Fenice recognize the familiar cheerful voice. A soft smile appears on his face as return the person's hug.

"Venti."

Venti giggle after hearing Fenice called his name and snuggle his face into his bestie's neck.

"You seems happy today. Did something happened?" Fenice play with Venti's hair and brush off some fallen leaves on his best friend's hair.

"Ehe! Of course I'm happy! I get to see you again after all. I thought you would cancel your plan to visit me."

"Aw, come on. You know I won't do that. How could I forgot my bestie after not seeing each other for a long time? I'm sure I'm still a considerable person."

"Uhm."

"Venti, what's wrong?"

"... I miss your hug. It's warm just like his..." Fenice didn't say anything and pat Venti's back. He knows who's Venti talking about. Knowing it's a sensitive topic for him, Fenice decide to stay silent.

Fenice understand. Everyone has their own unpleasant memories including him.

For somewhat reason, those unpleasant memories haunts the living beings during their happy moments.

"Right. Sorry for suddenly ruin the moment. Let's change the topic! Ne, Fenice. Have you heard Mondstadt has the best Dandelion Wine?"

"I've heard about it. Dandelions can only been seen in Mondstadt after all. Venti, don't give me that face. I know you want it and you want me to pay for it, right?"

"Ehe! As expected from you! That's my bestie. Always knows everything about me. Come on, Diluc will be happy if I pay for once for a drink."

"... Once? You didn't even pay for your drink even not for once? I somehow pity the tavern's owner."

"Aw come one, don't be like that. I did exchange it for some stories and songs though! Aren't I generous?"

"Sure..."

"Ehe. To the Angel's Share then! Off we go!" Fenice don't want to ruin Venti's spirit so he just let Venti drag him.
.
.
.
.
"We're here! Master Diluc, two dandelion wines please-"

"Get out."

"Oh my, Venti. How bad his impression on you to make you immediately kicked out just after you enter his tavern?"

"Ehe?"

"If you're going to drink without paying again, then get out, Venti. I don't like repeat myself." Venti sheepishly rub his neck and look at Fenice with his pleading eyes.

"Uh, Fenice. Some help please...?"

Fenice sigh. Being a good friend he is, decided to help his dear friend.

"The bill is on me today. So don't worry about Venti not paying for his drink."

"... Only for today, right?"

"Only for today."

"Then I'll allow him have drinks ONLY for today. You hear that, Venti?"

"Aye, aye Master Diluc! Two Dandelion Wine for me!"

"I'm fine with apple cider."

"Ehh... You don't want to have a taste of the famous Dandelion Wine?" Fenice sweatdrop when he saw Venti pouting at him.

Well Venti did drag him here to have him taste the famous Mondstadt's Dandelion Wine after all.

"I'll just have sip of yours later. It's not worth my Mora when I already know I won't finish it. You know I'm not really into wine like you."

"Then you can give it to me!"

"Two or none at all. Choose, Venti."

"Wha- Ugh fine! This is a threat!"