10. Accepting the shenanigans

Fenice stare boringly at the scene before him. Its already decided that Aether is Lyney's attorney so he have nothing to do. No one in the opera house can't leave for now after all.

Since he's a busy man, he always stuck his nose on his works. Now, he feels uneasy when he got nothing to do.

Plus, he have to find the culprit who ruin Lyney and Lynette's show. The thoughts prevent him from sitting at ease. For the nth time, he sigh.

"I want my tea..."

"Here's your tea, sir."

Fenice flinch at the sudden voice. He look beside him and saw a Marcel, Navia's uncle hold out a cup of tea towards him.

"Uh, thank you...? I didn't ask for it though?"

"Haha. No need to worry about that. Since we can't go out for now, I ask the gardes if I could have some tea and you can guess what happened. They give me an extra. Since I've heard you want some tea, I've decided to give it to you. It's a waste to throw it out after all."

"Ah, thank you..." Marcel nod and take his leave.

"Maybe it works on guys too. I've only tried on women before." Fenice about to take a sip but stop as he heard Marcel whisper those words to himself.

'What am I? A test subject now?'

He huff and take a sip of the tea. He raise his eyebrow as he taste the tea is slightly salty.

"... No wonder it feels weird when he came out of nowhere just to give me a cup of tea."

"Eh, it's fine. It doesn't effect me even a bit though." He put down his tea and stare at the way Marcel leave.

"First suspect, Marcel. We're going to have a nice conversation later."
.
.
.
Thus, the trial begins. Everyone was astonished and surprised of the discovery about the water from the Primordial Sea.

"... To think there's a lot of things I don't know about Fontaine... Might have to do some research later."

"-On that note, the Gardes have just contacted me indicating that they uncovered new evidence. I shall now invite him on stage to share it with us."

Fenice's smile twitch when he heard the Garde explain the new discovery of the evidence.

'He's clearly lying. Who the f*ck trying to frame the twins?'

Luckily, Navia decided to step in before Lyney lost the trial. The girl, Halsey or rather Liliane, admit she's the one who killed Lyney's assistant and explain to them what happened.

Although Fenice feels happy because the Oratrice announced Lyney's not guilty, he can't help but frown at the scene displayed before him.

What a cruel act. The culprit carelessly let the garde who works under them dissolved into water.

He sigh as he stand up from his seat and leave with the others as the people in the Opera House are allowed to leave one by one.

He stop walking when he heard two familiar voices conversing with each others. He stay quiet as he heard Lyney tell the traveler about his past and tried to convince him he didn't have any bad intentions when he approached the traveler.

Fenice then leave without listening further to the conversation and let them settle it themselves. He have no right to suddenly barge in into the conversation.
.
.
.
After the trial shenanigans and a meal with Navia, Aether decided to shoo away Paimon by giving her some mora for her to buy herself some foods even though he knows it's not enough for her. Paimon's stomach basically infinity.

He sigh as he sit at the shore, where he and Fenice's first met.

"Another nation, another problem to solve."

A chuckle rings out behind him alerts him of his surroundings. He turns around and saw Fenice give him a closed smile and a small wave towards him.

"Looks like you're destined to be a problem solver. Problems seems to attracted to you." Aether pout.

"I didn't choose to be like this."

"I didn't say it's your choice to be like this, am I right?" Aether look away from Fenice as if it his way to show he's sulking.

"Now, now. Don't make that face. I'm not your therapist to comfort you."