17. Memories from the fallen nation

Fenice snap out of his thoughts as he listens to Lumine's rambling about their time together in the past.

"Lumine, you sure you don't to go greet your brother? He's been struggling to find you after all."

Lumine stop her storytelling and sigh. "You know I can't do that, Fenice. He have to see the whole truth first. Both of us are descendents of this world."

"If you say so... Still, I feel sorry for him." Lumine sigh again. "I know... I've been watching him after all. But looks like he have someone watching over him here so I didn't worry much."

Fenice tilt his head as he look at Lumine who grinning at him. "Who?" Lumine playfully roll her eyes. "Duh, who else but you? He'd open up to you, right?"

"That's true but-"

"Look at you, being humble again! Don't you dare to say you didn't do anything!"

"But I really didn't do much though-"

"Come on, are we going back to this topic again? The last time we had it 500 years ago at Khaenri'ah."

Flashback

After Lumine was summoned by the royalties of Khaenri'ah, she have freedom to look around and see how Khaenri'ahns live.

She pays attention to her left and right, everything seems ordinary. The sights of a happy family or siblings laughing together makes her miss her brother. She wonder how he's doing right now.

She keeps walking trying to find something that interests her until she met a guy smiling at the shop keeper and the kids around him. He clearly blend in with other people but his aura clearly different from the others.

Lumine decided to follow the guy until the guy decided to stop at a quieter place.

"May I ask you what brings you to follow me, miss Lumine?" Lumine flinch as she obviously know they guy she's following is talking to her. She thought he didn't notice her.

"I-I..." He, despite being trailed by Lumine, offers her a closed smile. "I'm sorry. Did I make you uncomfortable?" Lumine internally sweatdrop.

'I'm the one who follow you. Shouldn't I'm the one who supposed to ask that question?'

Lumine sigh and shake her head. "No, I'm sorry. I followed you here because I'd sense your aura are different from the others despite you're perfectly blending in with them. I'm sorry for making you uncomfortable, Mr, uh..."

The guy chuckle as he get the idea of Lumine's intention so he decided to offer her a handshake.

"Fenice at your service, miss Lumine."
.
.
.
Lumine has learnt that Fenice stay at Khaenri'ah are longer than her despite being a traveler. Fenice is famous for his looks and his kindness. While she, a hero for the Khaenri'ah. Of course she's popular too.

The two became close and comfortable to open up to each other.

"You see that floating thing over there, Lumine? That's Celestia. Ever heard of it?" Lumine nod, saying she heard the Khaenri'ahns praise the Celestia and said Celestia is a heaven where those kind souls acsend to. There are chosen hods who lives there.

Fenice sigh and shake his head, disagree with Lumine's statement.

"It's rather a hell than a heaven."

"How you're so sure about that?"

"I lived there before." His reply made Lumine gasp. "Then you're must be-"

The footsteps stop behind them made Lumine stop talking. They turn around and met with the sight of shocked face from the king and his knights.

The king suddenly kneel before Fenice following with his knights made Fenice flinch at the gesture.

"I'm really sorry, kami-sama! It's foolish for this human being didn't notice the divine presence! No wonder our nation feels safer after your arrival. You're even help our people almost in every aspect!"

Lumine can clearly saw Fenice's panicking and sweating, trying to assure the king and his knights.

"C-Come on, don't be like this. You should raise your head. You're the one who's the king here after all. Plus, I didn't do anything much."

Fenice keep glancing to Lumine, asking her to help him but unfortunately luck wasn't on his side, Lumine just stand there, watching the scene before her while smiling at him.

"Lumine! I'll get you for this!"