19. A not so short adventure

Fenice sigh in relief as he arrives at Sumeru city. Though, it's not the final destination of his little adventure. He needs to go to Liyue to personally deliver the silk to his customer.

According to Aether, his customer is an important person. They want to use the silk for the upcoming Lantern Rite.

It's been a while since he's traveling like this. Losing in his thoughts, he ended up bumping into someone.

"Ah, I'm sorry-"

"I'M SORRY!" The person before him immediately bow to him and the sudden raise of the person's voice made him flinch.

"Ah, it's fine. It's my fault though. So no need to apologize. I appreciate if you stop bowing now miss..."

"Oh, I'm sorry again. I'm Nilou. Are you new here? You don't looks like someone from Sumeru." Fenice nod.

"I'm Fenice, from Fontaine. Though I'm still lost in this city. Could you perhaps guide me around? I'm looking for an inn to stay for tonight."

Nilou immediately brighten and nod. "Sure! Take it as a repay for bumping into you. Let's go then! I heard Kusanali-sama is around here today. Maybe you have a chance to meet her. It's not everyday you see our Archon."

"But it's my fault though...?"
.
.
.
.
.
"Over there! Come one, Fenice!" Fenice just let Nilou drag him around. He about to decline her offer at first but after seeing her happy aura, he decided to against it.

"For someone you just meet a few minutes ago, you already found yourself comfortable with me being around you. That's unexpected, Nilou-san."

Nilou just grin at him.

"Hehe. I guess I'm just happy to see Kusanali-sama. It's not everyday you can meet her, you know? Plus, you don't look like a bad person. It's obvious you're still clueless with this city. So I've decided to show you around!"

Fenice just send her a smile as a silent thanks. Sure, he didn't mind Nilou drag him around but walking around is draining some energy. He already used to stay in his shop and rarely go out unless he got something to do after all.

That's why you didn't get to see Fenice aimlessly walking around.

"Ah, what a coincidence. You said you need an inn to stay for tonight. See that building over there? You can rent in for a room after meeting with Kusanali-sama." Fenice nod and sigh in relief. Finally, he get to rest.

He stop walking as Nilou stop dragging him. The moment he look up at the person in front of him, his mint eyes clashed with a pair of bright green eyes.

Nahida's eyes widen at the familiar figure before her. Her hands twitch as she's restraining herself from hugging that person.

She wait and wait until the sun is setting and there's no one except her and the familiar person in front of her.

Without any thoughts, she rush towards the person and engulf the person in a warm hug with her petite hands.

"I-I'm not dreaming, right? Is it really you, Fenice? Y-You're real, right?" After seeing the tears she's holding on in her eyes, Fenice can't help but let out a soft smile and pat the Archon's head.

"You're not dreaming, Nahida. I'm real. So no need to cry, okay?" He didn't stop patting the Archon's head, as if to reassure her.

Yes, Nahida and Fenice. Even though already knowing each others real name, they introduced themselves with the name that they're create.

"B-but I-I thought you're dead. That time is the last time I saw you. I can't even sense you're presence when you step into my nation. I'm so worried..."

"Well as you can see... I'm alive? Though, even I thought I'll be died that time. Now, now. Did you not notice my current appearance? Aren't I look a bit shorter than my previous state?" Nahida nod, still not letting him go.

"Well it's due to the curse I got from that incident. My body have to grow up like other mortals. From a kid to a teen then an adult... It's honestly suck. But since I can blend in with other people with this situation, I don't mind."

He chuckle when he heard Nahida sniffles. "Now, now. Enough about me. Tears doesn't look good on you. Let's do something fun, shall we?"
.
.
.
.
.
( Here's some bonus! Don't mind my bad drawing. No background or anything else. I just want to let you guys figure how's Fenice and Andrew looks like. Is there anything you particularly doesn't like, feel free to change in you own perspective. The rest is up to you. I usually stick with traditional art so drawing digitally with my fingers is not my thing. That's all! Thank you for still stay tune for this story♥️✨ )

 That's all! Thank you for still stay tune for this story♥️✨ )