25. Ominous feeling

Venti open his eyes and finds out he's in one of the guest room in Diluc's tavern. He sits up and saw a letter beside him.

"Looks like you're awake. Fenice left you a letter before he leave."

"... I see. Thanks for telling me, Master Diluc." Diluc nod and leave without saying anything.

After seeing Diluc leave, Venti stare at the letter beside him and gently hold it.

"Whatever you said in this letter, I'm sure I won't like it."

Meanwhile,

Fenice sigh in relief when he saw Fontaine is in his sight. Just as he about to touch the water with his feet, an ominous feeling suddenly wash over him.

'Huh?'

The feeling wanting to refresh himself by diving immediately disappear and he stare at the Fontaine City before him in horror.

FENICE'S POV:

Did something bad happened while I'm gone? I just leave Fontaine for a few days and something already happened?

I quickly rushes towards my shop without care if someone see me running on the water.

After all, they see me as a Hydro vision holder. I'm sure they won't think anything else.

Damn it. I better hurry. I can worry about those things later. It's not like they can get in contact with Celestia to inform about my power's oddness.
.
.
.
.
THIRD'S POV:

"Andrew!"

Andrew almost falls out of his seat from Fenice's sudden barge into the shop from out of nowhere.

"F-Fenice-san?! What made you rushed in like this?!" While Andrew panicking over him, Fenice take this chance to fix his messy appearance that he got from running.

"Ahem. Forgive my rudeness. I just want to ask you something. Andrew, did something odd happened here while I'm gone?"

"Uh... The cases of disappeared girls?"

"Other than that."

"There's none for now. Why?"

Andrew tilt his head when he saw Fenice's uneasy expression.

"That's weird... My instincts never wrong before..." Just as Fenice mutter those words, Andrew suddenly remember he has something to tell Fenice.

"Ah, Fenice-san. It's not an odd thing though but there is something happened when you're away."

"Hm? What is it, Andrew?"

"Uh... You know Lyney's performance is supposed to be tomorrow, right?" Fenice only nod as if he asking Andrew to continue.

"So, uh... Lyney planned to surprise everyone by fastens the date of his performance and unfortunately it's on the day you leave. After a few hours after you leave, he personally came here to tell you about it but as you already know... You already leave."

"..." A frown can be seen appears on Fenice's face. With Fenice making such expression, it makes Andrew goes panic and regret telling Fenice about it.

"I- uh, I mean-"

"I see... He... Manage to pull that last trick, right?"

"Huh? Oh, you mean the falling trick? It was amazing! I'm still curious how he suddenly leave the flower petals and disappear. As expected from the magician, Lyney!"

As Andrew continue rumbling about it, Fenice can't help but frown.

'Am I only allowed to see misfortune events? I can't even see father did it successfully and I thought I can watch Lyney do the trick yet here I am. Missing all the chance.'

"That's... I'm glad to hear that. Though with the huge crowd watching his performance, I'm sure missing one person like me won't change anything." Andrew stop talking and look at Fenice in shock.

"I don't think you hear the full story yet-"

"Andrew, I'm sorry to trouble you but can you watch out our shop again? I need to go somewhere real quick. Don't worry, I'll treat you lunch, okay?"

"- But Lyney look sad when he heard you already leave. Ugh... Now he's gone. How can I properly explain to him that Lyney was disappointed for not having him as his audience?"
.
.
.
.
Fenice look right and left and all places to search clues about the ominous feeling.

FENICE'S POV:

Not over there. Not here too. Where's this ominous feeling comes from? Perhaps it didn't happen yet and just a warning? But what is it?

Is it the Fatui? Tartaglia indeed get into the prison and the only harbinger left is Arlecchino-san. Perhaps she did something to get Tartaglia's out of the prison.

No. Arlecchino-san is not that stupid to cause chaos for such things.

Think, Fenice. Think!

THIRD'S POV:

Fenice's eyes widen as he came out with a reasonable thing.

"No. It's impossible. Focalors has it under her control. Don't tell me..."

"The prophecy...?"