Hmmmm

" Did you tell him?"
" huh?"
"Did you tell the guy you liked him?
"Yes..."
"Annnnnddddd?" Pai leaned in almost falling off the stool he was seating on.
" He wasn't interested. So I've moved on."
"So sorry, we can't always have what we want in life as much as we want it."
"True. I think that's the smartest thing I've heard you say."
"There's a lot where that came from."
" thank you but I'll pass." They both laughed it off and Sky continued preparing the meal and dished it. This had been the second time they were eating together. He felt a warmth this time. Pai seemed like a good listener. He shrugged it off. After the meal was done, they both sat down and drank a glass of wine together
" Where did my dad get you from?" Sky choked a bit and looked at him
" A store."
"No that's not what I mean, like from which agency? which company?"
"Why do you ask?"
" You can hold your own pretty well. A gun and I think I saw you fight too, and you're seconding as my secretary. So which school MI6, CIA? Which one?"
"None, I just know it through basic knowledge."
" I don't think your knowledge is basic though."
"Just leave it at that."
"Fine."
" You're so interested in my love life, have you been in love too?"
" I don't talk about it, but can I beg you for something?"
"What?"
"Let's be friends. I'll stop throwing advances at you and just generally stop being playful with you, will you?"
"I'll think about it."
"Please, I'll get you anything you want as my friend."
"That's a wrong way to get a friend but I accept." They both shook hands to it.
Rain had summed up enough courage. He was going to apologize to Payu. He had no idea where to find him but he knew he would if he was persistent so he went to his company the next day and asked the boss to call for him. Mr Taytie was quite surprised and called in Payu immediately who came thinking it was a mission only to see Rain. He turned around to leave, just for Rain to hold his hand and drag him out of the office thanking the boss who was perplexed by what was going on. Everyone on the floor was just looking too. On arriving at the elevator, Rain finally let go of his hand " this is the only way I could talk to you without getting interrupted"
"By coming all the way to my office to harass me."
"No, it was the only way I could talk to you, only way I knew though."
" Okay, I'm here, what do you have to say.
" No, we have to go to somewhere private."
"Why?"
" You'll see." When Rain got to the car, Payu hesitated entering till Rain begged then he accepted. On getting to the venue. It was a cafe that looked like someone had rented it for some kind of surprise proposal or something. Payu looked around carefully as he entered. His mouth opened as he saw a huge banner by the place the servers were supposed to be that wrote "PLEASE I'M REALLY WILLY SOWRI" Was the person trying to be cute or what. Payu could feel the cringe shivers coming in as he said " I think the person that is for world feel absolutely cringed out wow!" Only for him to turn and see a slightly offended Rain who was trying to keep his face in check. Payu's eyes widened knowing it was for him. He wanted to bring up another topic but Rain wasn't having it " let's talk about something else." Rain was the one sulking now " I'm sorry okay, I accept your apology, don't be angry with me, I'm sorry."
" Really?"
"Yes, let's eat then." Rain sat down and looked pitiful. " I was really determined today , I was to go on my knees and crawl, I was prepared."
"Do it then."
"You've forgiven me already, there's no need."
"Do you truly value me that much or it's just an act."
"If I didn't, I won't go to your head to seek you out."
"Smooth...so what now?"
"We eat, and you return to work."
"Nothing more?" Rain leaned in "Do you want more. I could go all the way."
"You're really something."
"Thank you." He leaned back. He has gotten his friend back. An uncontrollably smile cut across his face that he had to hide using the menu.
Rain went home feeling much better. He wasn't going to be facing Pai for the next two weeks so his mind was a little at rest. He went home feeling good about everything.
Pai and Sky ended up staying on the couch, it was one snack to the other, Pai would ask Sky if he had tasted it and bring it over. They ate so much but for some reason they didn't want to stop. Sky felt if he did then he would have to go home as there was no excuse for him to stay. Pai kept bringing more and more as he didn't want Sky to leave either, bringing up the topic of sleeping over was out of the question because he felt Sky would think he just wants to get down of would bring up the question if he does it to everyone and that was so out of the question. He had only one more edible. It was a big bucket of ice cream. He brought it out " Hope you have space for desert." Sky seeing the ice cream just imagined the thought process that went into this and just accepted his fate " there's so much space." They talked and laughed loudly. He didn't say it but he secretly liked Pai's company. He was fun to be around. The both of got to halfway through the ice cream and came to the conclusion that they were at their limit. Sky stopped and looked at Pai nodding his head to signal surrender, he raised his spoon as well. Pai took it back to the freezer and bowed his head in defeat knowing Sky would leave
It was time for Sky to leave . He really wanted Pai to stop him, to tell him to wait to just stay a little bit longer. He had this longing look on his face as he walked to the door. He had probably said he wanted to leave like fifty times. On getting to the door he closed his eyes. Turning the knob he felt a hand rest on his, warm and unfamiliar. It was the first time he felt his hand on his and he felt goosebumps. He turned and met his eyes which were filled with a desire he didn't quite recognize.
" What do you want?" Sky asked in a calm voice
"Do you want to see eat noodles with me?"