Drunk

Sky picked him up from the floor and lay him down on the couch. The room was pretty silent. He didn't look it but he was very worried about Pai. There was obviously something going on between him and Rain that ran deep. Was he the back up line he thought
" Are you going to tell me what this is about?"
" Can... You not ask me any questions and just help me?"
" How can I help you when I have no idea what I'm helping you from?
" I refuse to argue with you."
" I'm not arguing I'm just asking a question."
" I'm pretty sure your life being a bodyguard cannot compare to what I've gone through."
" It's enough! I'm leaving!" Sky stood up and attempted to leave but Pai grabbed his legs and stopped Sky from leaving.
" I'm sorry."
" It's okay to not want to talk about it, but I feel you need your privacy. I can give that to you willingly but if this is why you called me then I'll stay. I'll be quiet too." Sky turned around accepting the fact that Pai didn't want him to say anything but just be present. He went to the kitchen and made dinner. He admitted the whatever had happened between the both of them must have scarred Pai. He sighed as he cut the tomatoes. There was nothing he could, just watching him and hoping he would be better. After they ate, Pai was a bit sober so he took him to his room. It was still awfully quiet. Sky wanted to say something but for some reason, he didn't want to sound harsh. He was being considerate. He was one to always speak his mind no matter what the circumstances were. But here he was absolutely silent to Pai. It didn't even matter if it was Taytie. He stayed looking at him for a while before Pai finally opened his mouth.
" I liked him. A very long time ago I did... Pai sat up from the bed where he was laying down ." I don't even know why I'm telling you this. I never discussed it with anyone except my dad."
" It's fine if you don't want to tell me."
" I want to... I really do. I feel if there's anyone who would understand me
, it should be you"
" What do you need me to do?"
" Give me your ears and nothing else. Can you sit down." Pai motioned for him to sit beside him.
"I used to love him a lot. Could barely live without him. He used to get bullied and I was the only friend that found him. He was a tough nut to crack, but I did. I was patient and eventually his tough exterior broke and we became closer. We were inseparable and I was really happy till he crushed me. He knew I could do absolutely anything for him, I could go through lengths for him but he decided he would use that against me. I didn't think a sunny day would end up tragic. Rain called and wanted to meet up. It was the day I summed up courage to ask him out finally. I was so happy I couldn't sleep the night before. I got to meet him at a big public event. We talked for a while until his name was called upon. He went to the podium... I thought he was going to ask me out too. I had hoped for it so much that I couldn't sleep. He stood up there and announced that he was happy for me that I finally found love. He brought up my very good friend who asked me out in public, everyone cheered. I and him had known each other much longer than Rain. Rain knew I liked him, I hinted it so much it was impossible to miss...
Well I accepted my friend's proposal because I didn't want him to be disgraced. After the event, he was so happy he came to hug me. Rain saw all this and smiled. I walked up to him pissed and asked if he knew he liked me. He said he did and it was just a test of how good a person I was. Lan's mum thanked me for accepting her son knowing he wouldn't live long. I was dumbfounded. He knew, Rain knew and he put me through this. I couldn't say no, I couldn't do anything and his excuse... He has just a little longer to live. Make his days count. I hated Rain and my blood boiled. There was an event we planned to have, quite big and I invited all my friends to attend. I had made my mind up to love him. I had no choice. But on this day, there was a shootout at the event. Lan trying to save me died but funny enough Rain lived. That was the day, that was the day I vowed to have nothing to do with him. It wasn't his fault. He suffered too... A lot but I didn't quite care. He deserves all that is happening to him and more. He looks quite healthy but as much as I wish to personally inflict pain on him, I can't. I'm stuck in a loop of unhappiness and misery. You know what's worse, the person who did it didn't even look that old. I got men to look for them but nothing. The worst part of it all was.... was..." Sky patted him on the back. He was indeed a broken man. Sky stayed speechless till the end. He listened attentively to everything Pai said till the very last detail nodding his head and trying to understand everything. The trauma cut deep. There was no saving the relationship between the two men. It was impossible. Sky stayed there.

Rain on the other hand used a bat and destroyed the decorations and vases he found. He was barefoot and as he kept walking he encountered injuries of all kind. It took Payu a while to arrive and when he did he saw the damages that was already done. He looked around screaming his name and followed the trail of blood that led upstairs. That was where he saw him, crouched down holding his shoulders in the corner of his room. He murmured something repeatedly " it's really not my fault, I promise... It's really not my fault I swear." This went on for a while till Payu couldn't take it anymore and lifted him to himself " it's not...it's not your fault.