My Side

Rain looked aimlessly at the ceiling wishing it caved in on him. He was a broken man with a lot of pain and the pain didn't seem to go away. Payu got close to him carefully on fear that he would do something devastating. Rain noticed the sudden movement and looked at Payu. His eyes looked dead inside. Payu knelt beside him. Rain faced the wall
" How can I help you? Payu asked ever so gently. Rain didn't turn or move. He stayed in that position for a long time.
The lights were dim so they looked at each other by observing any sudden movement....
" Will you listen to my side of the story... Everyone perceives me as the bad person and the ruiner of all good things in Prapai's life, but there's an explanation. We've known each other for too long for me to do what the world is saying I did to him...
Years ago we were best of friends. His father made him an associate to check his business. He was always there and was assigned an assistant. This assistant also became friends with me and we all got along pretty well. I'm 100% sure that he also knew that we both liked each other. I had no plans against Pai, none whatsoever but I eventually was up to speed that at his father's occasion. He was going to ask me out..." Rain sniffed. Tears were welling up in his eyes again and this time he let them fall. His heart was broken and a lot of negative thoughts crossed his mind. He cleared his throat and continued "He was going to ask me out and I was going to say yes. On the day of the event, we were all gathered. There was a brief break section and I rushed to the bathroom to get myself in check. It was getting close to the moment and I could feel my heart beat excessively. I needed to be composed. That was when his secretary walked in. Looked at me and went down on both knees begging me to save him. I wondered what this was all about before he spoke that he was dying and his dying wish was to be with Pai. He said that working close to him made him realize that if he was going to die Pai would be the perfect person to spend his last days on earth with. I grew angry and asked why he would put Pai through that knowing he was going to die and he told me, love was selfish. I know that love is sacrificial, never selfish so he was just going to get his way. His mom waited for us outside and as I refused to answer and left the washroom, I met her. She began to beg him to let her son live his last fantasies with Pai. It was just temporary and they were looking at him living for two weeks only. I couldn't say anything. I was tied. I was going to throw my happiness away because of a very selfish family who did not care about me even the slightest. I was fuming. I was to give my love, the only person that loved me sincerely to another. I stayed in there for a while before I went to the back, drank myself drunk and gave my man to another. I smiled doing it which annoyed him the most. I left the party and he called me for days I didn't return his calls. Eventually I saw them both lovey dovey so I assumed everything was fixed. It was supposed to be for two weeks. But what was supposed to be for two weeks lasted for seven months and counting. They lied to me, his mom and him connived and ruined me. I was pissed but I didn't know his to retaliate. I confronted him and his response was simple. Love is War. I lost a friend, lost a compadre, lost everything, just because I wanted what was best, for who exactly because He wasn't happy either. He grumbled and grunted. He loved him for the things he got, not because of who he was. I saw him get drained and lost the spark in his eyes. I decided to host an event in their honor. I was fed up with the charades and was going to come clean. At the event, gun men attacked and he lost his life in the process. I was blamed. And worse off, he wanted to use Pai as a shield but as he turned to put Pai in front of himself, he was shot, so it looked like..."
" He protected Pai." Payu completed the statement and asked " Did he ever find out?"
" No! At that point, there was nothing I would say or do that would change his perspective. So I lived as the bad person. His father found out and told me to speak my truth to Pai. He put me in this project just for this reason but there is nothing I would say that would make him forgive me."  Rain sounded so sad. He saw his world crumble. " I just want to be numb and feel nothing." Payu went to the fragile man, carried him from the ground. He noticed the cleaners standing afar off. Everything was to be replaced that night. Nothing broken was to be found my morning.  So immediately Payu moved with Rain, the cleaning began. Two ladies and two guys began instant cleaning. Payu rested him gentle. He saw his phone beep. He checked and it was a message from Sky which read we need to talk. He stood up to leave. But Rain held him back and riled him into the bed.
" Sleep with me." He said this without batting an eye. Payu gave him a forehead flick. " I only sleep with conscious men."
" Does that mean I have a chance?"
" You're just drunk. You need to rest. There's so much burden you carry on your chest."
" So if I'm not drunk, do you find me attractive enough to screw me?"
" Dude, we were both in the feels a moment ago, how did the conversation switch up so fast."Rain who was very tipsy stood up, looked Payu dead in the eye. " Just say the word. Say it and I'll go to you."
Rain dimmed his eyes, and they spoke only one language I Want You. This was the first time Payu looked at Rain properly. He was truly gorgeous. His face, nose bridge eyes and everything. He didn't know when he laid beside him. He was enthralled by him.

Sky didn't get a reply from Payu. He waited a while before he gave up and went back inside to meet an already sleeping Pai. He walked closer to him and stroked his hair and said
" I wished I was a fairy, I would wipe all your painful memories away." He turned to go, Pai had heard this and smiled a bit.