My Big Dream

Pai tried his hardest to stay there quietly but as it went on for a while he couldn't hold back anymore. He went to Sky. His eyes were down. Immediately he saw it was Pai. He scooted away from him like he had seen a ghost.
" Why are you here?"
" I got a call that you got into a car accident, and I came running, only to see you crying like the world has ended. What's wrong?"
" Pai, I have a strange request. Can you stay away from me?"
" What?"
" Can you stay far away from me as possible."
" No! I won't"
" What if I tell you it's for your own good?"
" Then I like bad things."
" P'Pai, I'm not good for you, I have a lot of baggage and you definitely deserve better."
" Sky? Where's this coming from? You got a call, you rushed out, got back in and you started saying all of this. What did I miss? Tell me?"
" Nothing, but I just need you to stay away."
" For a day? a week? A month? How long?"
" Just till I can get my footing."
" I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. You can do whatever you want but please don't throw me away." Pai went down on both knees.
" Sky, whatever I did to you, I'm sorry please forgive me." This stunned Sky. He was expecting Pai to leave quietly but here he was on both knees begging him.
" I'm pretty sure what I did to you is unforgivable. So please just let it be."
" Can you tell me I promise I won't take it to heart."
" I killed Lan... P'Pai, I was the one who killed your happiness. Everything you wanted, I ended it. My company wanted to take you out. Lan got in the way and he was killed."
" What? Sky I need you to stop playing games, at least not now."
" I wished I had never met you, never spoke to you never encountered you. I..."
Pai froze, his eyes widened as he stepped back from Sky. He could believe what he was hearing. He stepped out of the house and put a call to Taytie. He gave Sky to him afterall
" Did you tell Sky to kill me years ago?"
" Hello Khun Pai. It's nice to hear your voice. Well, it was an instruction. He killed your lover. Hope you hate him enough to want him dead. You can make things easier for me. Just put a bullet through his head."
" I thought Sky was your best soldier based on what I heard.
" He is but recently...." Pai hung up. He didn't need to listen anymore. He was starting to understand a bit about how Sky actually lived and it really was heartbreaking. He sat on the grass outside trying to compose himself. Everything was happening too fast for him. All the cockroaches in the cupboard were released all at once and he had no idea how he would react. One thing was certain for him. Sky was not a negotiable for him. He went back inside and asked Sky
" Was it an order?"
" What?" Sky looked up at Pai who entered back into the room. It was silent, only the fan above could be heard.
" Were you ordered to kill me?" Pai asked again, his face a bit stern.
" P'Pai? Why are you asking me this when you know the answer?"
" Answer my question ?" Pai raised his voice. This was a commanding voice foreign to Sky and he answered quickly.
" Yes I was!"
" Did you know it was me?"
" Huh?" Sky had stopped crying and was utterly confused at this point. Pai was asking questions and there was only two ways it was going to end. Either Pai kills him now or... He just didn't know
" I ask again... Did you know it was me?"
" No I didn't."
" Did you know what I looked like or anything?"
" No, we were given pictures with masks."
" Obviously because with your reaction you're just finding out now. We are going on a company trip together, get prepared it's tomorrow."
Pai didn't say any other thing and stood up to leave.
"Say something, anything. You can't just up and leave. Get mad, break something, here's my gun."  Sky put his hand under his couch and brought out a gun and handed it over to Pai
" Shoot me!" Pai looked appalled by this
" What type of people have you been meeting that would make you think I'll shoot you. It was your job, you aimed, missed and got the person who I loved back then. Sky, no matter what had happened in the past, that won't make me hate you. I don't hate you." Sky felt his chest heave. He was sure Pai wasn't in his right mind to say such a thing to him.
" P'Pai are you sure you heard what I said, I'm not sure you heard it from anywhere else. Its okay to hate me, push me, hit me."
" I would have had this mindset back then. I wanted to take my revenge, wanted to end the killer so desperately till I found out the truth years later about Lan not really being sick. That hurt, I don't wish anyone death but Sky, you can't live with this guilt. What will you do?  you're going to disappear again? Or worse kill yourself. Sky loving you, yes I can say it, liking you have been unexplainable, things are so complicated as it looks like we've been set up to be unhappy."
Sky was leaning towards the couch in utter disbelief at what Pai was saying and knew that with his facial expression he was very serious. He looked up at him
" Have you lost your mind? P'Pai."
P'Pai bent towards him. He knelt on one leg.
" Yes, I'm sure I have! Now I'll show you what a man does when ..."
" Huh"
" You heard me. See you tomorrow. And if you don't come, I'll chase you down. You're not the only one who can track people down. We are both screwed any how you look at it, so let's be screwed together"

Payu stayed in front of his house reminiscing the party and all the events that led to the failure of that mission. He came to the conclusion that it was a set up because the three of them were wearing the same face mask. So they just wanted to ruin their lives. Before he could arrange his thoughts together, Rain came running. Rain found his house and stood right in front of him Payu rubbed his eyes to be sure he was seeing who he was seeing, not a figment of his imagination. He was actually right there. Rain was sweaty like he had been running for a long distance.