Them

"Kaddu.", Gaurav nudged his son to bring him to his senses. He was still staring at Radhika, completely bewitched by her.

Well, it worked, and Rajeev was startled by his dad's call.

Once he registered what his dad had called him, he whispered in a low voice, "Pops, Rajeev."

"Hmm.", was Gaurav's quick reply as he noticed his son being rendered speechless.

"Meeta, seems that we have gotten our daughter in law finally. Just look at his face. Oh yes, and hers too.", Gaurav maintained a smile on his face as he spoke with his wife.

That was the truth. Our Radhika was so spell-bound by her angel sitting in front of her that she had literally stilled in her steps and was openly staring at him. Now, that was to the displeasure of her papa and he casted a stern gaze her mom's way. She understood what her husband was trying to imply.

"Radhi. Don't stare at him. Go and give them the snacks."

Her maa's voice broke Radhika's reverie and she averted her eyes. And then settled in the embarrassment.

'You were directly and clearly gawking at him, you pervert.', her subconscious teased her.

Radhika shook her head and once again averted her gaze to the floor, this time with burning cheeks. But more than shyness, what she felt was pure astonishment. That gorgeous stranger was sitting in front of her - the proposal that had come her way. This seemed like some sort of a sorcery. Was it for real? Him in front of her? Well, as of now, it did seem real, and her heart was ready to leap out of her chest in joy. It was as though the Gods themselves had done some kind of a miracle.

'But would he even like me?'

'What if he does not?'

'Idiot, at least get to know him first.'

'See if he's actually the angel you have presumed him to be.'

A conflict of thoughts arose in her mind as she did as was told, and sat besides her maa.

"Radhika, how are you beta?"

(beta - child)

She now glanced at the woman sitting in front of her who exuded motherly affection. A warm smile was plastered on her face which was enough to assure Radhika.

"I am fine aunty ji, how are you?", Radhika was quick to respond with an equally warm smile.

'Man, she has a pretty smile too. Pretty eyes, pretty smile - you are going to be a lucky man Rajeev.', here Rajeev was still in a state of speechlessness.

He noticed a burning gaze on him, and finally averted his eyes from Radhika only to see their clash with Kartik - his probable brother-in-law?

But why was he glaring at Rajeev?

Kartik Sisodia was bored to be at home, but wanted to be there at the same time to see what kind of proposal his parents had brought for his sister. The last two guys were too pathetic for being someone's husband, leave alone his little sister's.

But these people, they seemed different to him, and he had set his scrutinizing gaze on them. What amused him was the way Radhika and this new guy, Rajeev were staring at each other. As though, everything else in their vicinity had faded. After a few moments of bewilderment, something registered in his mind - this guy was staring at his sister. And which brother would like that?

So the glare.

"You are doing a wonderful job my dear. Securing such a nice job, and that too in the field of your choice has become a tough thing these days, and yet you aced it. That's brilliant.", Gaurav praised her sincerely. He had a strong liking for those people who were passionate about their work, or education, or basically passionate about the task they had undertaken, and Radhika seemed to be that sort of a girl.