Aditya

Radhika had something in her mind. Their wedding date was fixed for after two months, and while everyone rejoiced and celebrated when the date had been decided upon, Rajeev had whined a bit. Not in front of all, but to Radhika. He so could not wait to have her as his bride, and his wife, all to himself.

Radhika had then pacified him with a lot of kisses. Well, they had agreed to one, but Rajeev being Rajeev stole multiple of them. Not that his Radha was complaining.

While they were chatting, Rajeev shared with her, his dream from the other day, where he had visualized their happy family, and how Aditya - his little friend from the orphanage was a part of that dream. He had shared with her his fondness for Aditya and how they had met and how Aditya always chose to stay by him whenever he would visit, and how much of a guilt he had in his kind not being able to visit Aditya or more like still not having it in himself to go to Gwalior and its bitter memories.

He hesitated a bit while asking Radhika if they could have Aditya in their home. A part of his mind knew that Radhika's answer would be affirmative - he knew her really well, but he would never take her for granted. Her opinion about this was as important as his.

And as he had expected, she had answered with a big yes. She did not know Aditya, but the boy her Raj loved a lot must indeed be a sweet little gem. She was sure of that. She was sure of her trust in Rajeev about his love for Aditya.

And so, she wanted to give him a surprise. Perhaps, if the things went fast enough, it would count as a wedding gift - one which would make Rajeev incessantly happy.

The thing was - she did not know how to make it happen. And so she was here - with her pops and mom. Rajeev had been gone for a client meeting. This particular lady was quite persistent on meeting him in her office and not on a web conference. And he had to oblige, since the job seemed really lucrative.

"Mom, pops, I don't know how to say this. I mean, I do know - its not that I am uncomfortable, but I am confused.", she rambled for a bit.

"Radha beta, take in a deep breath.", Gaurav spoke gently.

"Now, tell us what is it about."

"Aditya."

She directly touched the topic. The more she would describe about it, the more she would ramble, she knew.

"Kaddu told you about him? He's such a sweet little boy, I tell you. We miss him. We had visited a few times with him and we could tell how attached he was to his Rajeev bhaiyya. He was shy, and would usually keep to himself except for when he would be with kaddu. We miss him beta. He had grown on us a lot.", Meeta had a fond look on her face as she spoke.

"Mom, can we bring him home?"

"Beta?", Gaurav and Meeta were pleasantly surprised.

They hadn't thought of this, but now that she had spoken, they were sure that this must have been discussed between their son and her. And they were ever ready to support.

"Mom, pops, I haven't met him, but I can definitely tell you that I too would be as fond of him as the three of you. Raj misses him a lot, and he had told me how he wanted to see Aditya in our home. Now, we aren't married as of yet, so now we can't adopt him. Also, we would have to prove our stable marriage for some more time for getting him home. Please tell me what we can do here. And if possible, can we please keep this a secret from Raj for now. I want to surprise him."

"Beta, its not just because you want us to be happy right? You too are happy with this, hai na?"

"Of course mom. I am completely on board with this. Aditya is going to be a wonderful and welcome addition in our lives."