Radha and Raj

"And you know, once while in the first year, we had been strictly warned to pay attention while performing the titration, because it would be like the liquid's clear, and then you add one drop and it would turn light pink and then once again would be clear, so you would have to keep adding one drop after the other and that too in a synchronized manner. Now, as much as we would be attentive, it would get boring after a while, and majority of us would see the liquid turn a shade or two darker than what was intended. But then who would perform the same experiment again. So, we would manipulate the results and present."

Radhika was narrating the tales of her graduation days to Rajeev as he took her on a tour of his home.

"That means you were a mischievous student.", Rajeev surmised with a smile.

Radhika felt a sheepish grin forming on her face hearing his words.

"Oh Mr. Sincere, you haven't even heard half of my mischiefs in the chemistry lab.", she winked at him.

"Then begin with the tales of all of your adventures Ms. Sisodia."

"I just loved playing with chemicals. Now mind you, I did not ever mix any harmful chemicals like they think backbenchers do. Well, I wasn't even a backbencher, but my adventures in the chemistry lab resembled to one. Honestly, I would get tired of following instructions and would love to analyze new things on my own. I would take distinguished reference books from the library and experiment after completing whatever task would be given to us. It was so exciting to do so. A few times, teachers did catch me doing my own thing, and would reprimand me, but I would pretend to listen to them, promise them to never do that again, only to be back to square one later."

"You were a rebel in college."

"Uh huh, just in the chemistry lab."

"I was exactly the opposite. Since I wasn't bright in academics, I had decided that I would listen to them."

"Now, you would say I am being a hypocrite since I was a gold medalist, but seriously, being academically bright, and having the correct practical skills are different things. And you definitely did have all of the right practical skills for you to be where you are. That's all what matters."

Before Rajeev could respond, they arrived near his room.

"Here we are. This is my room, well but just for a few days now."

"For a few days?", Radhika had a confused frown on her face.

"I mean, its going to be our room after we get married right?", his rhetoric was rather sly.

Radhika stared at him with a slight blush on her face, who had a sly smirk on his face, his dimples being prominent.

"You never leave any opportunity to tease me, do you?"

"Oh Ms. Sisodia, its now just begun."

He opened the door and went inside.

Just as she set her foot inside the threshold, he conjured a daffodils bouquet out of nowhere and presented it to her.

"Welcome home Radhika."

She looked at the beautiful flowers and then at the beautiful man, and took the bouquet, a soft smile on her face.

"New beginnings?"

"Our new beginnings.", he had a fond look on his face as he admired her admiring those flowers.

Wasn't he so very lucky?

That's what he felt.

Rajeev was showing her the things around his room while speaking with her about the most general things, when her gaze fell onto something.