Jhumkas and Chocolates and Lunch

Radhika was constantly gazing at her watch from time to time eagerly waiting for the lunch time today. Counting every minute until the time she would meet Rajeev.

Neeti found Radhika's behaviour extremely odd. While, in general, Radhika would be completely immersed in work, and especially when their department had received exclusive orders about collaborating with the R&D department for the new drug they had been planning on introducing in the market, and the workload had tremendously increased, Neeti found it really weird that her friend seemed distracted today.

"So, what's the matter Radhika ji? Where are you lost today?", she finally asked her.

Radhika was startled at first, and then recognized that she actually was a lot distracted from work today, all thanks to Rajeev and his thoughts. She was about to refute, but Neeti had already given her the look.

"No lies Radhika.", she began.

"See, you know I won't force you to tell me what the thing is, but please tell me if everything is okay with you? I mean, there's no disturbance or trouble right?"

Neeti just wanted to make sure that her friend was alright. Radhika smiled softly at her. That was Neeti for you. She was not the probing or the interfering types at all, but just wanted to be sure of her friend's well-being. Radhika decided to share the news with her. After all, asides of her, she did not have anyone to share such a happy news with.

"I am getting married.", she shared with an ecstatic grin.

"Wait, hold on.", Neeti had a confused frown on her face.

"Just until the last Friday, you were not so keen about this. Leave alone keen, you had half a mind to run away from even the word marriage, and today you have this wide grin on your face. What's the catch Radhika? I am getting confused now."

Radhika understood where she was coming from. That made sense. Being repulsive about marriage on Friday, and being this happy on Monday just seemed absurd.

"Accha listen. Its not about the fact that I am getting married. I mean yes, it is. God, I am confusing the both of us with my words. The thing is, the guy who I am getting married to, he's just wonderful. He's so calm and collected, and has a progressive approach on mostly all of the things. I haven't met a guy like him until, and its because I am getting married to him that I am so excited.", she explained, purposely leaving asides the part when she had been smitten by him at the first site. That was just for her and Rajeev to know.

Neeti shared Radhika's excitement, now that things were clear to her.

"Man, you seem so happy, and I too am happy for you. Congratulations, my buddy.", she quickly took Radhika in a hug.

"Thanks Neeti."

Both of them had equally radiant wide grins on their faces. Whilst their colleagues looked at them like they had stolen their food. Feeling all those gazes, they decided to tone down their excitement for now, and took a seat resuming their work.

"Psst Radhika.", Neeti whispered after sometime.

"Party.", she demanded.

"This weekend. My home.", Radhika responded. That's how it would be permissible for her.

"Haan Rajeev. Just give me two minutes. I am rushing towards the elevator."

Finally he was here, and had given her a call.

"Don't rush. I don't want you to get hurt. Take your time, I will wait for you."

Perhaps this might seem as the bare minimum, but every moment she spent with Rajeev, or even with his phone calls, she felt grateful and thanked the Gods above for sending him her way. The wonderful angel.