Home

Exactly a day later Rajeev and his pops had decided upon sending Meeta to get Radhika home, here she was, sat in the car ready to get her daughter-in-law.

While Radhika and Rajeev would speak on the calls quite frequently, he had decided upon not telling her about this - it would act as a surprise for her. Rajeev had a giddy and somewhat apprehensive feeling in his mind. Giddy about the fact that she was finally coming home, and apprehensive because he did not know if she will like the home, if she will like his room. A part of his mind knew that she will, but when on the quest to impress someone, our mind often plays such anxiety-inducing games with us. Rajeev was no different.

Meeta was still feeling guilty about being the reason behind concealing Rajeev's reality from Radhika, but then she was a mom. And while this would never be a justification for how she had bounded Rajeev by her promise, she knew she had to be selfish here, and take up the blame later for her son's happiness. While her husband and son promised her that they weren't upset with her, she knew that somewhere she had disappointed them. But she had an instinct that everything would turn out to be the best later. She knew it.

"Arre Meeta ji. Please come in.", Vijaya ushered her daughter's to be in-laws with a sweet smile. It being a Sunday, even Anupam was at home. And as usual, he was sat on the couch probing the newspaper.

"Namaste Meeta ji.", Anupam too greeted her whilst she took a seat, as Vijaya got a glass of water for her.

"Thank you. Namaste. How are you Anupam ji, Vijaya ji? And I hope I am not disturbing you."

"Not at all. How are Gaurav ji and Rajeev? And they did not come?", Anupam too greeted her politely. Much politely than the others. After all, she was going to be his daughter's mother-in-law.

"Oh, they aren't here. Its just me. And yes, they too are doing well. I had some work with you, in fact, needed your permission for something, and which is why I am here.", Meeta directly spoke of the issue at hand.

"Permission?", Anupam had a frown on his face.

"Meeta ji, you don't have to ask for any permission. You are literally the groom's mother. Please state directly whatever it is. We have no issues.", he replied in an agitated tone wondering if they had done something wrong for the groom's mother to ask them the permission.

Meeta shook her head at his thoughts. She observed that Vijaya was quiet and was just letting her husband add inputs to the conversation.

"Anupam ji, Vijaya ji, there's nothing like the groom's mother gets to make the demands and because you are the bride's parents you don't get to do so. We are equals in this relationship, just like how our kids are."

She patiently explained, very well knowing that it would have no impact. Sometimes, some societal norms are so deeply rooted in a person's mind that no amount of enlightenment or wise words would uproot those conservative notions.

"The thing is, I wanted to take Radhika with me for some time. It will be wonderful if she visits her other home and gets to know it. Also, we will be able to spend time with her to get to know her better.", she offered with a tentative smile. While Gaurav and her had planned for Rajeev to spend more time with Radhika, she had to phrase her words in a manner that would nowhere offend Vijaya and Anupam.

She saw the husband and wife duo exchanging some looks, and from the look of it, she knew how skeptical they were about it. Anupam signaled something to his wife.

"Meeta ji", she began politely, "but how can she come? I mean, they aren't even engaged yet, and before engagement sending her to her in-laws home?"

"I understand they aren't engaged, but wouldn't it be wonderful if she gets to spend some time with us? Don't you think it would be helpful for to adjust easily after she gets married?", Meeta used her convincing skills.