Intense

"How could you even do this Radhika? And for these people? They have lied to us, they have hidden the most important truth from us? And you still have the audacity to defend them and lie to your own parents to spend time with them? What exactly is wrong with you?"

They had arrived home to her raging parents. Especially Anupam, and as much as Meeta and Gaurav could read people, they could make out that her had taken these things to his ego, and now, he would not let go.

"Papa, please try to understand.", she went to defend herself, Kartik standing on one side, and Rajeev on the other side, Meeta and Gaurav with him. It seemed as though there were two clear groups in the room, divided by intentions and thought process.

"What should we understand Radhika? How you want to marry this infertile man?"

Radhika winced at her maa's words. Did she really need to be so insensitive? Rajeev noticed that, and as much as it pained him, it hurt him more than that to see his Radha being affected by these words in such a manner. He so very wanted to place his palm over her hand and calm her down, but he knew that would draw even more ire.

"Or how you have become shameless enough to lie to us and rebel in front of us? Question our decisions even when they are the best for you? Or how you have involved your bhai too in all of these lies? What all are you going to explain and what all will we understand?", her maa's words were fiery and harsh, and they had the expected effect on Radhika.

Tears prickled in her eyes, and internally she severely chastized herself for being such a cry baby, but she couldn't help.

"No use reasoning with her Vijaya. Issi ne kucch patti padhayi hogi.", he pointed towards Rajeev with disdain.

(Issi ne kucch patti padhayi hogi - he must have taught her these things)

"Papa please", her voice came out as a strangled sob, and now Rajeev could not take it anymore.

"Uncle please. Please stop. She's not at fault, not at all. We wanted to spend time with her and so we took her with us. And I know I am the farthest from being your favourite person now, but she's not at fault. Can't you see how much your words pain her? She's close to crying."

His words were frantic, but they only angered the two people in front of him.

"We are speaking with our daughter. You have no reason or right to speak in between us. As it is, we are least interested in speaking with a fraudulent family like yours.", Anupam scoffed.

Radhika was thoroughly embarrassed and saddened within. Such insulting words. She blamed herself for all of what was happening. Perhaps, she should not have gone with Rajeev and his parents. Had she skipped the dinner, her papa's friend would not have seen her, and had this happened, three of her closest people in the world would not have to listen to such demeaning words.

"Papa please. They are our guests.", Kartik had already reached his saturation point. In the quest to keep up with their age old principles, his parents had resorted to such a behaviour. It was only because Rajeev and his parents absolutely adored Radhika that they did not retaliate.

"Accha, toh (so) now you will teach us? Waah Radhika, you have also made him change sides? Fantastic.", Anupam sneered at his children.

A tear escaped Radhika's downcast eyes and Rajeev could feel her shaking with all of the tension in the room. He so wanted to console her, but couldn't do a single thing.

"You want your sister's life to be destroyed by marrying this man Kartik?", Vijaya pointed out quickly.

Kartik was so exasperated at this point.