The Engagement

She held the radiant ring within her hand as she stood in front of him. Dressed in an immaculate yellow and green saree, she looked every bit gorgeous. The light and dark contrast of the saree accentuated her beauty, and even if she had any doubts about how beautiful she looked, one look at Rajeev's face, and she understood what she had to.

Radhika for the engagement ceremony (The image belongs to the rightful owner)

He was floored. From the moment she came and stood in front of him, he was rendered speechless in the best possible manner. How was it possible for someone to be so effortlessly bewitching.

A shy smile had lit up Radhika's face at his blatant admiration of the way she looked, and her cheeks glowed with all of that pinkness of the blush, and with the thoughts of a new beginning in her life, with her Raj.

He had worn a beige colored kurta pajama, and while she loved seeing him in western attire, particularly those lots of button down shirts which he owned, Rajeev in traditional Indian attire was simply something else. Every bit of elegant.

Rajeev's attire for the ceremony (The image belongs to the rightful owner)

He took her hand within his own and gently placed the ring where it belonged forever. And there were claps and cheers of their parents and Kartik and Neeti.

Radhika looked into his eyes as he had done that. And they might not have confessed yet, but she could clearly feel the love emanating from him. It was a gaze full of pure and unadulterated adoration. The most gentle smile on his face which radiated with the content and happiness he felt within.

She too did the same, placed the ring on his finger where she knew it would belong forever.

And while Rajeev was still mesmerized by her being, he averted his eyes for a moment to glance at the ring which had now settled itself on his finger.