Content hearts

"Radhika beta, how are you? Come here, let me give you a long hug.", Meeta was quick to beckon her daughter-in-law and take her within her arms. Radhika happily obliged.

"How are you beta? This kaddu didn't give you any troubles while travelling right?", Gaurav too placed his hand on her head and his ghost of a touch ruffled her hair. He was careful not to mess up with her hairstyle though, because he had done so multiple times with his son who had an annoyed reaction.

"Pops, why would I even trouble her?", Rajeev was quick to retort.

"Because", Gaurav merely shrugged and glanced at Radhika awaiting her response.

She took in a deep breath. Rajeev had already assured her that her address would only gladden them, but she was a bit anxious.

"Mom, pops, I am really good.", she answered, her now slightly hesitant gaze traversing to and fro between them.

Meeta was the first to respond. A huge grin broke on her face.

"Finally.", Gaurav breathed out.

"Hey Meeta, give me my 1000 Rs.", he out out his hand in front of his wife, demanding the stated amount.

Meeta was quick to scowl at him, and begrudgingly took out the said amount and placed it on his hand. He now had a smug expression on his face as he pocketed the money, and turned to her with a smirk.

"You should have known I always win, love."

"Shut up, you old man."

She retorted with an annoyed glare making him chuckle.

On the other hand, Radhika and Rajeev were simply unable to comprehend what was happening in front of them.

"Hame koi kucch bateaga?", Rajeev gestured at the two of them.

(Hame koi kucch bateaga? - will someone tell us anything)

"Wait kaddu. Radhika beta, we were waiting for so long to hear this from you. It truly gladdens us to see that you too have accepted us as your parents as we have accepted you as our daughter. This trust which you have placed in us will never be broken."

"I know mom, and I truly respect and admire the both of you. You two are as much important to me as Raj.", she took Meeta's hands into her own.

Gaurav and Meeta had delighted smiles on their faces at her words.

"So now, can someone please tell me what all that transaction was about?"

Rajeev felt a familiar peace in his heart seeing the three of them together. He always adored the bond which had formed between his Radha and his parents. It certainly seemed like a dream which had come true for him.

"Your pops and I had bet on when she would address us as mom and pops. I had put my bet on when we would properly tell her to do so, but your pops stated that she will do so on her own. Well, although I do not much like to lose to this Gaurav, I am really glad that this time he won."

Meeta stated.

Radhika had a perplexed expression on her face. They had placed bets on this? As fascinating as this was, she could never imagine her maa and papa doing this, even in her wildest dreams.

Rajeev chuckled at her state.

"See, you two have confused my Radha.", he pointed out to his parents.

"My Radha, huh?", Meeta wiggled her eyebrows at Radhika, making her slightly blush.

"Mom, that's too old now. Get something new to tease us.", Rajeev scoffed.