5 Happy baby, happy mommy

Larissa POV

"Hi my baby! How was your nap?" I asked my daughter as I took her out of her traveling bed that was in Roman's or now my office.

Clementine looked at me with her big eyes and that was all I needed to melt my heart. She was so darn cute. I found it hard to concentrate on my work. She was the sweetest little distraction. That's why I made sure to get a lot done when she was asleep.

"Okay my darling. You lie here in your bouncer and be adorable while Mommy puts the books on the shelves. Uncle Roman will be so impressed with how much we got done this week," I said after taking the time to cuddle with her for a while.

Putting away the books, CDs and DVDs and all the other little things was the last task I had set myself for today. Roman should be home any minute. If he wasn't stuck in a traffic jam. However, his flight had landed on time.

"Hi Larissa! I'm back!" he called from the front door a few minutes later.

"Hi boss. How was your flight?" I wanted to know.

"It was okay. And I told you not to call me boss." he replied with a smile.

"Yes, Mr. Reigns Sir, I'm sorry." I said wittily.

"Oh your mommy thinks she's funny, Clem. What are we going to do with her, huh?" he asked the baby as he knelt on the floor in front of her and stroked her cheek with his index finger.

"Wow, you're already organizing the shelves? Does that mean the walls are finished?" he asked when he realized what I was doing.

"Yes. The brick walls are painted and sealed. So you don't have to worry about dust. The floor in the laundry room will be fixed next week. And the light fixtures you picked should be delivered in two to three days. 

I have settled everything with the insurance company. You just have to sign so that I can send them the documents. Oh yes... You have an appointment at the dealership next week for the new tires. And I figured if the car is already in, they can do the annual inspection right away. Then you won't have to go back 4 weeks later." I explained to him as I sat down on the floor and took my daughter in my arms.

"My goodness... And you've done all that just this week? Where have you been all my life?" he wanted to know.

"Oh, that's not all. I took the liberty of ordering a new storage system for your shoes. If that's not okay, I can cancel the order. But I think it would make your life easier," I said.

"Of course that's okay. I'm relying on your judgment. Have you eaten anything yet? It's well past lunchtime," Roman replied.

"No. I wanted to finish this first." I admitted.

"Well, that's not okay. I'll order us something. What would you like?" he asked.

"Roman, that's not necessary. I can eat when we get home," I replied.

"You bet it's necessary. And I don't want to hear any arguments, Miss Wilder. What would you like?" he asked again, looking at me sternly.

"Okay boss. I didn't say anything... hmm... I don't know... Chinese sounds good." I finally said when I realized that there was probably no point in arguing.

"There you go. That wasn't so hard. Okay, that's it for today. I'll order us some food and you relax with the baby." he replied more than satisfied before getting up from the floor.

Roman held his hand out to me and helped us to stand up.

"I almost forgot to ask. Is it okay for you if I organize your closet or am I crossing a line?" I asked after a while as we ate together.

He had Clem on his arm so I could eat in peace. His words, not mine.

"Um... well... I don't know. It involves underwear and stuff like that. Doesn't that make you uncomfortable?" he wanted to know, blushing a little.

It was so cute. And I could tell he was a little embarrassed. Even though I would never have thought it possible with him.

"Roman, you saw me in one of the most intimate moments of my life. Full view of the private area. I think that was far more embarrassing than your underwear can be." I replied calmly and patted his knee.

"There's something to that. All right, you can do that if you want. By the way, I've ordered a real crib for Mini Miss. I don't think the travel bed is a good idea for her in the long run." he said.

"Oh but... That really wasn't necessary. I would have-" I began.

"Hey, it's my pleasure. You've done so much in the three weeks you've been here. I'm so grateful to you for that. And I want you both to feel at home here. You guys come in a package. That's why it's important that the baby is comfortable. Happy baby, happy mommy. Isn't that right, Clem?" he replied.