34 Nesting

Larissa POV

I stood in the doorway of my daughter's room and watched her sleep. She was growing so fast, it was hard to believe. Now she was already sleeping in her big-girl bed, but of course with a safety railing. Just in case. I expected her to throw at least a little tantrum when we told her that her crib would now be for her baby sister and that we would move it to the other room. But nothing happened. Instead, she helped us by making sure that Roman set up the bed in the nursery properly for Gigi.

Sighing, I hoped that Clem would remain so enthusiastic and happy once the baby was born. After all, it was only a few weeks until she had to share us. But so far she had shown nothing but anticipation and love for the little one in my belly. If anything, she was jealous of her daddy.

Whenever Roman had a hand on my bump while we were lying on the couch cuddling, she would push his hand away and replace it with her own. This was followed by a resolute 'My baby' or 'My Sissy'. 

She did the same when we had a photo shoot as a family to capture my pregnant belly. Clem always insisted on being the first to pose with me and my bump. And I could have sworn she gave Ro a triumphant look or two. Just like me, Roman couldn't help but laugh.

The night light cast a little glow on her face and it looked like she was smiling in her sleep. I stroked my now rather large belly with both hands as our Mini Mini Miss stretched inside me. She was always alert, especially at night. Hopefully that would change when she was born.

I quietly closed the door and went over to Gigi's room. It had turned out really beautiful. The white clouds on the light purple walls. It matched Clementine's room well.... It suited sisters.

I opened the cupboard and the dresser again. I wanted to make sure that we really had everything. I sorted the onesies and the shirts. The socks and the muslin cloths and swaddle blankets. I unfolded and refolded them again and again. Then I organized the stuffed animals on the shelves. I noticed that the picture frames weren't hanging quite straight. That wasn't acceptable.

I was putting them in the right place when I heard my husband's voice behind me. My husband... I couldn't believe that either. But it was a name I loved more than anything. And Ro was very proud to hear it.

"Hey baby girl... What are you doing? Come back to bed." he said in a deep, tired voice as he wrapped his arms around me from behind.

Or well... as far as it was possible at the moment. Roman pressed a kiss on my shoulder and then one on my hair as he waited for my answer.

"I'll be right there. I just wanted to check on Clem and then see if everything was really ready. After all, it could start at any time. You know Clem came 3 weeks early." I replied as I put my hands on his as he held us.

"You're really adorable. Is everything to your satisfaction, Mrs. Reigns?" he asked.

"Yes... I think so at the moment. It could be different in the morning though." I laughed.

"Everything will be perfect for our little one. I promise you that. Let me tell you... I'm so curious what Clem will say to Santa tomorrow. Thinking about last year..." he replied and began to rock us gently back and forth.

I immediately knew what he meant. When we took Clementine to see Santa Claus last year, she didn't like it at all. She cried as soon as she saw the bearded man and when she sat on his lap she ripped the fake white beard off his face with all her might.

It was hilarious and embarrassing at the same time. But most of all I felt sorry for Mini Miss. I didn't want her to be traumatized for the rest of her life. However, she has seen a few movies now and really wanted to visit Santa this year. She was probably just too young to remember the last time.

However, I was hoping that it would be a different Santa. Because I don't think he will have forgotten it as quickly as our daughter.

"I know... she'll be fine. And she knows that she can cuddle a lot with Daddy if she doesn't like it. And I want that now too. It's getting pretty late." I said as I turned around in his arms.

"That sounds like a perfect plan." Roman agreed and gave me a little kiss before we retreated to our bedroom.