33 I do

Roman POV

"Are you ready?" I asked as I knelt down to look at my little girl.

She looked cute in her tulle dress. And she knew it, because she kept turning back and forth in front of the mirror to see how it moved. I smiled as she looked at me with her big eyes. The eyes she had from her gorgeous mommy. I wondered if the baby would be blessed with those beautiful eyes too. Luckily we didn't have to wait that long for that answer. Just like our families and friends didn't have to wait much longer to find out what we had on the way.

I couldn't say for sure, but I had a hunch that there was a bet going on among them about the gender. Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised. It would certainly be a relief to no longer have to make a secret of whether Clem would have a brother or sister.

"Yes, Dada," Clem replied.

I took our now 2-year-old by the hand and together we made our way down the aisle. Clementine greeted all the guests with a beaming smile and waved to everyone. She loved being the center of attention. And our guests obviously loved it too. Everyone laughed and took photos of us.

It wasn't long after we arrived in front of the priest that the music changed. And at that moment, my heart started beating 100 times faster.

There she was. My bride. My beautiful, glowing princess. In a dream of a dress that was very similar to our daughter's dress. It was a gown with a blush-colored tulle skirt and a matching top that was covered all over with sequins. Her baby bump was beautifully covered and emphasized at the same time.

Larissa slowly made her way to me on her father's arm. A shy but loving smile on her face.

"Mama!" Clementine suddenly called out and rushed towards her.

Everyone couldn't help but laugh out loud.

"Hi Mama!" she said as she stood in front of her and held out her little hand.

"Hi baby." Larissa replied and took Clem's hand in hers before they walked on.

Now there were only a few steps separating us.

"Can you hold this for me, Mini Miss?" she asked our daughter, holding out her bouquet.

"Thank you, Mama." Clem said as she carefully took it in her arms.

"You're welcome." she replied before turning her full attention to me.

*****

"Larissa, would you like to say something to Roman in your own words?" the priest asked.

I saw her swallowing against the tears. I gently rubbed her hands while holding them.

"Roman... I can think of so many names for you. You are my hero, my knight in shining armor, my rock, father of my children, love of my life and just about now, husband. What would I do or be without you? I don't know and I'm glad I don't have to find an answer to that question. Because I know that you will always be by my side, no matter what. 

And I will always be by your side. I will hold you and support you, love you and comfort you, take care of our family and so much more. I love you for everything you are.

Ro... you have turned mine and Clem's lives upside down in a way I never thought possible. We love you more every day and I can't wait to see you with our new baby. I think Clem will agree with me when I say that you are the best daddy there is. For Clementine, our Mini Miss, as you have lovingly called her since the beginning... but also for the other Mini Mini Miss I carry under my heart.

Thank you for making my life perfect. Thank you for your love and impatience. I love you today. I love you tomorrow. I love you forever." Larissa spoke with an emotionally filled voice.

"Larissa, I love you. You and our children. That's what matters most to me. Who would have thought that going for a run could end up with meeting the love of my life? Who would have thought that the two most important people in my life would cross my path just like that? I certainly didn't, but I'm glad about your flat tire from back then, because without it we wouldn't be here today.

The powerful impact you had on me is hard to put into words, but you know it, baby girl. You know that I do everything for you. I have made it my mission to give you guys everything you need. There is nothing you will lack. I want you to feel as complete as I have felt ever since the first moment.

I promise to love you and our girls more than anything else. I promise to always be the best version of myself. The fact that I can love you is proof that God always has a plan for us. I always prayed for a wife, a family of my own and then all of a sudden I had just that. From day one to all eternity," I said as I looked deep into her eyes.

Clem had her free arm wrapped around my leg as she listened attentively to us. And maybe her little sister was listening too.

"And now that the two of you have expressed your feelings in such a wonderful way, I ask you the Roman, I ask you before God: do you take Larissa as your lawfully wedded wife and promise to be faithful to her in good and bad days, in sickness and in health, and to love, respect and honor her until death do you part?" the priest continued.

"I do," I replied and put the ring on her finger.

"And you, Larissa, I ask you in the presence of God: do you take Roman as your lawfully wedded husband and promise to be faithful to him in good times and bad, in sickness and in health, and to love, respect and honor him until death do you part?" he asked her.

"I do," Larissa said with a smile as she put my ring on my finger.

"Now it is my pleasure to pronounce you husband and wife. Roman, you may kiss your bride," he replied.

And he didn't have to tell me twice. I put my hand on her neck and kissed her for the first time as her husband. Our guests cheered loudly and the little girl in her belly seemed to be happy too because she gave me a good kick against the hand I had placed on the side of my wife's bump.