10 Don't rush

Roman POV

I had my arms wrapped tightly around Larissa as I slowly lost myself in this breathtaking kiss. It was so much sweeter than I had ever thought possible. I could taste her on my tongue as we kissed for endless minutes.

But eventually she slowly pulled away from me. Far too soon for my liking. Then she rested her forehead against mine. Eyes still closed as we both tried to catch our breath. Her fingers played with the hair on the back of my neck and I squeezed her hips involuntarily.

"I... um... I'm sorry, Roman... I don't know what came over me. I... yeah, I should get to work." she suddenly stammered and took a step away from me.

"Hey, there's nothing to be sorry about," I said before reaching for her hand and pulling her back towards me.

I carefully put a hand on her neck and then waited for her to look at me again. Larissa's gaze showed a mixture of embarrassment and concern. I couldn't say why she was worried though.

"What's wrong?" I asked gently.

"It's just... I like you a lot, but I don't know if I can... if this is a good idea. You're my boss, after all, and then... I have to think about Clementine. I have to do what's best for her." Larissa whispered without looking me in the eye.

"I know all that. And I'm happy to give you all the time in the world. But please don't push me away. You know that you and Clem are already so important to me. I'm sure that if you let me, I can be the best thing that could happen to you. One step at a time, okay? I won't rush you into anything," I explained.

"Thank you, Roman. I really appreciate that... Maybe you should eat your breakfast now. It's getting cold. I'll get to work in the meantime." she replied and gave me a little kiss on the cheek.

"Or you can stay right here where you are and we can share breakfast." I said and pulled her onto my lap.

"You know I have a lot of things to get done, right?" she asked with a little laugh.

"I suppose, but I'm the boss. And the boss says you deserve a day off to spend time with him. Since I know you have a weakness for Panera Bread, we'll go there for lunch. And then we'll pick up Mini Miss so we can spend time with her too. How does that sound?" I replied.

Larissa took a piece of bacon and took a bite before feeding me the rest.

"Sounds really good, boss. Clementine will be very happy to see you. She adores you." Larissa said.

"Oh, I know! How could she not? I'm very charming after all. But just to be clear. She has me wrapped around her tiny finger too. Just like her mommy." I replied and winked at her.

I immediately saw her blush. It was definitely one of the cutest things about her. She was captivating me more and more, and there was no way that was going to change.

We shared the delicious, although now cold, breakfast. I held Larissa on my lap and stroked her back. With every minute that passed, she relaxed more. We talked about different things. I soaked up every detail because I was eager to learn as much as possible about this woman.