30 Well?

Larissa POV

Roman gave me a kiss on the forehead and then we made our way upstairs together. Clem was chattering away happily as she tried to get her daddy's attention. Of course, Ro was trying his hardest to pay attention to her, but his mind was somewhere else, just like mine.

I took a deep breath before pulling a test from the top drawer of my dresser. Nervously and with slightly trembling hands, I held it in my hand while I looked over at my family. Roman was sitting on the bed with our daughter on his lap while his eyes followed me closely.

"Okay... I guess I'll go to the bathroom then. Are you sure you want to find out today?" I asked.

"Of course... I think if I have to wait any longer I'll burst. And we don't want that, right, Clem? Mommy shouldn't make us wait any longer." he replied.

"Right." Clem repeated, nodding her head in agreement as if she understood exactly why we were here.

"I'll be right back." I said.

I did what I had to do, but I was a little distracted because I kept hearing Roman whispering to Clementine in hushed tones.

"Are you okay?" I asked out loud.

"What? Um... Yes, everything's okay. Are you going to be long?" he wanted to know.

"No, I'll be right with you." I called back.

He whispered again and it rustled conspicuously. So I hurried to wash my hands and go back to the bedroom.

I silently sent a prayer to the heavens. The last thing I wanted was to disappoint Roman so close to his birthday. I closed my eyes once more and took a deep breath. Then I slowly opened the door. And at the sight that presented itself to me, I dropped the test I was holding in my hand in surprise.

Clementine paced around the room with a small basket in her hand, scattering petals on the floor. She giggled the whole time. And then my eyes fell on the man in my life. Roman was on one knee in front of the bed. He smiled at me as he extended a hand towards me.

"Holy..." I stammered as I cupped my hands over my mouth.

Only then did I notice the soft music and that he was holding something in his other hand.

"Will you come to me, baby girl?" he asked me softly.

As I took the first hesitant steps towards him, Clem climbed onto his back from behind. She giggled as she put her arms around his neck. Roman quickly pulled her to the front so that she was now sitting on his knee. They both looked at me expectantly. My knees were shaking like crazy. That's why I knelt on the floor too.

"Larissa... You and our daughter are the best thing that could have happened to me. And I want you to know that I want you forever. No matter if we already have a new baby on the way or not. You are without a doubt the love of my life. And that's why I'm asking you... Larissa Sue Wilder, will you and Mini Miss Clementine Faith Wilder marry me?" he asked, his voice deeper than usual and full of emotion.

"Oh my god! Yes! Of course yes! I love you, Roman!" I gushed, taking his face in my hands.

And kissed this wonderful man full of love and gratitude. I couldn't believe it. My heart was beating like crazy and I could have sworn it had doubled, heck... three times the size as I lay in his arms.

I could feel the content smile on his lips as he returned my stormy kiss. And to our great surprise, our daughter didn't interfere this time, but let us enjoy the moment.

"I love you." he finally rasped.

"I love you too." I replied and gently rubbed my nose against his.

Then Roman took my hand and placed a breathtaking ring on my ring finger. Even in the dim light here in the bedroom, it sparkled.

"Pretty." Clem said as she moved my hand back and forth.

"Beautiful, Clem. It's beautiful. Just like Daddy." I corrected her because I thought pretty was a huge understatement.

"Oh God. I forgot what we were here for..." I said as I suddenly remembered that we had forgotten something.

But before I could get up, Clem had already hopped off Roman's knee and was walking towards the test. She picked it up before proudly coming back to us. She handed it to Roman. He looked at it closely while I waited quietly for a response.

"Well?" I finally asked when I couldn't stand it any longer.

"We're having another baby!" he suddenly cheered loudly.