35 Love

Roman POV

I was just in my gym to work off a bit of the past holidays when the door opened unexpectedly. Clem immediately came running towards me and climbed onto my lap.

"Hi Dada." she said and pressed a kiss to my cheek.

"Hi Mini Miss. Where's Mommy? Did you come here alone?" I asked as I gave her a quick tickle.

Clementine giggled and squealed before she had a chance to say anything back.

"I am here. Just not quite so fast at the moment." I heard my wife say as she came in too.

"Ro, I think it's time," she said.

"Oh! Oh... oh we'll be on our way immediately. Come with us, Clem. We have to get your bag and Mommy's too. You're getting a sister." I gasped as I jumped up with our daughter in my arms.

"It's all lined up at the door. We have to wait for Dad. He's picking up Clem and then we can be on our way. So you should probably take a quick shower." Larissa replied with a not-so-relaxed smile.

"Okay... How are you feeling?" I asked as we stood in front of her.

"I'm still okay so far... But I definitely want to get to the hospital this time before it's go time." she explained to me.

I put my hand on her stomach and immediately felt how hard it was compared to usual. I tried with everything I had to stay calm. I didn't want my tension to spread to Larissa and the baby.

*****

"I love you... You're doing great." I said to my wife as I lay behind her holding her hand.

We had made it to the hospital in time. Although probably just in time. Her water had broken just as we had taken the first step inside. The doctor examined Larissa and found that she was ready at 8 centimeters. Since everything seemed to be proceeding quickly again, they were already preparing everything for the birth.

"I have a feeling we'll have another Clem. It's going just as fast and she's also a few weeks early. But I'm glad it's not a car in this case. Even though we have experience with it." Larissa replied tiredly.

"It seems that way... She doesn't even want to wait until the new year. But it's a good thing you don't have to suffer 24 hours plus, baby girl." I said and pressed a kiss to her hair.

"You have a point. Maybe the next one will be a boy. Maybe he won't be in such a hurry," she replied.

"The next one, huh? Are you already planning that far into the future? This one hasn't even been born yet." I laughed.

"Well... You were the one who said you wanted a big family. I'm just sticking to the plan." she then said.

"Okay, Mrs. Reigns... We're ready. Roll over and let's see if we can get started." the doctor said a few minutes later.

"Yes, this baby wants to meet her mommy and daddy. You can start pushing with the next contraction." he said after he had checked her.

I got into position. I had one arm around my wife's shoulders to support her while I held her hand again. That way she could squeeze as hard as she needed.

"Very good. It's going quickly. The head is already there." said the doctor after Larissa had pushed three times.

"One more time, baby girl. Gigi wants to meet you." I said to her, hoping to give her the strength she needed.

Larissa pushed as hard as she could. And then the time had come. The first powerful cries of our daughter echoed through the room before she was placed on her mommy's chest. I couldn't help but smile. She was as perfect as her big sister.

"Hi Mini Mini Miss. We are your parents." I said as we looked at her in complete awe.

"You are so beautiful, baby girl." Larissa whispered to the baby as she kept sniffling.

"I love you." I then said.

"I love you too." she replied, lifting her head briefly for a loving kiss before we went back to soaking up every detail of Georgia Haven.

I couldn't wait to pick Clem up and introduce her to her sister. She loved her so much already. She probably wouldn't want to share Georgia, or as we lovingly called her, Gigi.

*****

While Larissa rested, I held the baby in my arms and rocked her gently.

"Does it feel very different for you?" she suddenly wanted to know.

"What do you mean?" I asked, because I couldn't follow her.

"Holding your biological daughter in your arms..." she breathed.

"Not at all. There's no difference for me," I replied.

And it was true. For me, this moment felt exactly the same as when I held Clementine as a baby. Both... or actually all three... had me wrapped around their fingers from the very first moment.

"I'm happier than I can say." Larissa whispered and held out her hand to us.

With Gigi in my arms, I stood up and we sat down on the bed with Larissa. She leaned her head against my shoulder before stroking the baby's cheek with her fingertips.

I turned my head and gave her a kiss on the forehead. I lingered there for a while.

"Do you need anything?" I asked after a few minutes of silence.

But I didn't get an answer. Larissa had already fallen asleep. Understandably, she was totally exhausted.

"Sleep well, baby girl. I'm always here to look after my family," I said quietly.

My family.... My girls. The thought filled my heart and warmed it like nothing else ever could. I loved them so much. More than I had ever thought possible. Larissa- the love of my life, the gorgeous mother of our daughters. Clementine- my mighty little Mini Miss who had literally slipped into my arms. And now Georgia- the tiny angel who seemed to be a perfect mix between my wife and me.

Gratitude rushed through me as I thought again of how much my life had changed on such an, at first, ordinary day. It really was like that... One small moment... one action could really change your whole life.